free website stats program The Stella Awards | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Stella Awards

Now I know why manuals have all those stupid warnings in them that should be common sense for most people. I carry 5 million liability insurance to be protected from people who would die if they had to think to breathe. Unfortunately the Stella winners and their lawyers are the smart ones in their cases and the judges are the stupid ones for not throwing their cases out before they go to court.

Somewhere in the city of Calgary is a sign on an overpass over train tracks that says "Do not jump".
As my wife's uncle told me, some Darwin award winner jumped, wasn't killed but was crippled. Sued the city and won because they didn't have signs posted that it was dangerous to jump off the overpass.

You just can't fix stupid.

Calm down, everyone. According to Snopes, the whole Stella thing is false.... a hoax going around the net since 2001. None of the so-called lawsuits existed.

Don't believe everything you see online.

Well the Original Poster did throw an "If it is true?" into his post. We all bought it. Me included (post #2) :D

I bought into it too, but then remembered I'd heard about one of them years ago as a joke. That got me wondering, so I googled it and the Snopes thing came up. It's nice to know the courts aren't that stupid yet. At least I hope not!

JMPO ---- Its not the/all lawyers I blame , they are doing their " job" by presenting these kind of cases to the courts. The ones I really blame are the Judges that allow this to proceed! :newsmile03:

:panic Judges ARE lawyers...lol

Calm down, everyone. According to Snopes, the whole Stella thing is false.... a hoax going around the net since 2001. None of the so-called lawsuits existed.

Don't believe everything you see online.
They still had to put the #1 in OKC. I'm not happy about that.:s

Back