free website stats program The New sportster Sport Glide XL1200SG | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The New sportster Sport Glide XL1200SG

Trd865, welcome to the HDTimeline forum...plenty of fellow riders here to share experiences and info with...! When you get some more posts in, do post some pictures of your ride in the Sportster section and look forward to your introduction to the HD riding community. Cheers to a very good upcoming year riding your Sporty.:D

I like it, the fairing looks cool and the bags are just the right size. I think hard bags would look cool too.

I am glad there is people out there that like the look just as much as I do.

Glyd-n the bike handles like a dream.

I also thought it would have reduced my fuel mileage, but it had little to no effect. I don't even notice the fairing is on the bike except for the excellent wind protection it provides. Photos added to show my taller 10" shield, fork brace (I am not 100% sure I like how it handles with it.), and front fairing trim really seals the whole package.

Attachments

• 100_1750.jpg
    100_1750.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_1754.jpg
    100_1754.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 43
Here is my version of th Sport Glide. A 2003 1200 that set in a driveway for over 6 years. I got it last fall with only 480 miles.

Attachments

• IMG_7936.jpg
    IMG_7936.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7934.jpg
    IMG_7934.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 80
  • Img_7938.jpg
    Img_7938.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 36
Kind of off subject, but the breather on your bike, how do you like it? Do you like the crankcase breather set up on that air filter? I've been contemplating getting that filter set up and dont know if I like the crankcase breather deal on it.

This message was intended for balduc-2, but if you have a similar set up, I could use the input.

Balduc-2, I like your SportKing...a king bagger of sorts, nice for those relaxed but extended cruising! :s

Trd865, that's a fine looking SportGlide...a bagger for spirited rides, now that is what Sporttouring is all about! :newsmile075:

Last edited:
The bags are bolt on, but every thing else is quick detach. The fairing is a Memphis Shades with Sportster windshield hardware. I used a 7 inch headlight from a Soft tail in place of the 5 inch to fill in the cut out in the fairing. I put plugs on the lights so I can switch them quickly also. I also have a quick detach sissy bar with a rack and touring seat. I just ordered a tour pak that I'm going to mount on a quick detach setup also.

trd865,

Here is my sporty with the addition of a tour pac. The pack is detachable using sissy bar side plates and detach hardware. Also the pack is great for the groceries; now I can say I have junk in my trunk.

Sesh.one,

I like the intake/breather (Arlen Ness BigSucker) setup on the bike. I get some oil on the inside of the filter but not much. That is one nice thing about K&N filters they are easy to clean. The breather bolts don't stick out at all. The main reason I changed filters is because I don't like the factory filter getting in the way of my leg when I ride, and it is just covers the engine trapping in unwanted heat that the motor does not need.

Attachments

• 100_1821.jpg
    100_1821.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_1822.jpg
    100_1822.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 31
Back