free website stats program the drama.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

the drama....

I had a similar experience trying to buy a car. Continue shopping till you find a dealer who is willing to take your money without all the drama and treat you as a priority. The treatment you are receiving while being patience is going to cause you to blow up when a problem arises with the transaction or bike which is going to take away from the enjoyment of a new bike purchase. I agree that in this day and age especially at a Harley dealer that customers are still treated this way.

Late June of 2009 I decided to trade my '01 Road King Police bike for a new ('09) Electra Glide Classic. I went to Hoosier HD in Elkhart, IN and started negotiating. We agreed on a trade difference, but they didn't have the bike/color I wanted in their store. John, the salesman I was working with, asked me to give him a day, assuring me he would track down what I wanted.
John located the bike I wanted at a dealer in Muskegon, Michigan. He drove there the next day to pick up the bike, only to find that it was still in the crate. He brought it back, had his folks prep it for sale/delivery and had it ready the next day.
On top of that, he didn't charge me for an alarm he put on the bike, because he "didn't want me to have this bike and not have an alarm."
That's what a good dealer does for a customer. Hoosier HD has my business until they show me they don't deserve it, and I doubt that day ever comes.

Just a guess... there is a reason why he is having trouble finding a bike, and not telling you the reason. I would suspect that they are hurting financially and no one will work with them... Just a guess.

I don't know FL laws, but most states have a lemon law. And most have a time period for return for ANY reason unless clearly stated "as is" and "final." I would google FL lemon law, and go in and tell him the deal is off and see what he says.

I worked in the car business for 21 years and saw and heard much that I didn't like. Mgmt and ownership, in many cases, tells sales staff what to say or not say. First you must understand..IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. My guess is they never had the bike you wanted but was told to tell you otherwise to secure your business. They would then scramble to obtain the bike you wanted or switch you if possible. This, IMO, is tantamount to lying right to my face either directly or by omission of facts/truth. I don't deal well or at all with lyers. Me, I would go elsewhere. Good luck.

First, read the paperwork that you signed. Make sure you know what you agreed to.

Then, if the paperwork doesn't prohibit it, run for another dealer.

Maybe you could try making a few phone calls to other dealers yourself. See if they have the bike that you want. If they do, then you know that 'your' dealer is blowing smoke....and run for another dealer.

If they treat you like this BEFORE you buy the bike, how will they treat you after you buy it??

I would give them a chance to make this right. The made a the deal on a bike that was to be in stock and they lied. Calmly express your concerns about their lack of integrity and ask for some consessions. If they fall short, then walk away. They can not force you to buy a bike, you have every right to back out.

A lot of dealers out there hungry for a sale, I would check stock via computer then call another dealer JMO

If you can get out of the deal after reading whatever you signed, I would either tell them the deal is off or they need to come to the plate with some stuff for your inconvienence!! After you get the bike from them you never have to see them again, 4 or 5 dealerships closer to you then them if you need warranty work!

ok great suggestions, i will look at the paper i signed,, i believe it a work up sheet with the price agreed upon is all..Not a full buyers sheet that we all get upon completion of the sale..that i know for sure..
when i get to the dealer and look at it again, and i know i am not breaking any so called legal binder,, then i will ask for say,,,$ 500 gift card for my inconvience and them being untruthfu, See how that goes,,if i am not happy,,adios...thanks for all the suggestions...oh got a call about 2 hrs ago..
salesman.. ohh we got the bike, just what you wanted,,vivid black, etc..its on the other coast, we are having a HD event?? today,,so we are short handed in picking the bike up..it may be Friday maybe i the afternoon, So i tell him, hey after i left you sunday i looked around at Brandon H.D. and they had one on the floor,,he tells me,,yeah we called them and it's sold..?? huh! so i tell him, so what does that have to do with me?/ he says,,i will call you back later with update of whats goin on.. its not approaching 2.5 hrs after this chat..
well i will keep this forum updated as i make my decision and get get more info...

haha this is like a soap opera..:s later ryd..

Back