free website stats program The Countdown begins | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Countdown begins

Happy to hear that your trip went well, and lived up to the anticipation.
Where is the Harley dealer near the notrh end of the dragon?

Breezerat, the HD dealer north of the tail is located about 9-10 miles north of the Dragon is located in Tallassee, Tn. (Not Tallahassee as I mis-spoke while there).
It's a HD dealer in name only in that no bike sales clothing and souvineers only. Friendly folks there though, enjoyed the visit quite a bit.

Breezerat, the HD dealer north of the tail is located about 9-10 miles north of the Dragon is located in Tallassee, Tn. (Not Tallahassee as I mis-spoke while there).
It's a HD dealer in name only in that no bike sales clothing and souvineers only. Friendly folks there though, enjoyed the visit quite a bit.

A lot of these in the area - one at the west entrance to the Cherohala Skyway and one in downtown Cherokee too.

A lot of these in the area - one at the west entrance to the Cherohala Skyway and one in downtown Cherokee too.

Thanks for the info. I have only been on 129 West of Foothills Pky. one time, and that was 15 years ago.

I saw the HD sign in Tellico Plains when I went through in May.

That is a phenomenal ride, rode 441 from the top of the turnpike to Franklin NC more than once, once you hit Georgia it's great riding.

But it does ruin riding in Florida, at least as far as scenery goes. Awfully boring in SE Florida, at least a nice run to the Keys breaks up the monotony...

Sounds like a great trip! I hate getting into those situations like your mountain road excursion where you're nervous about continuing but you can't turn around - literally between a rock and a hard place!

Maggie Valley's become my favorite place within a day's ride from north Georgia. So many great roads and interesting places to see.

Glad you made it back safe and thanks for the posts!

One of the few times you are happy to have a centerstand, you can literally pivot bike around and your done! That was why I added 6lbs to my Katana's 460lbs wet, best money I ever spent on an accessory...too bad my Sporty does not have this sport touring accessory. :small3d015:

Back