free website stats program The Countdown begins | Harley Davidson Forums

The Countdown begins

Backroad Rider

Finally got vacation ok'd. Next Friday morning the better half and I are pulling out for 7-8 days of riding.
On Dr. Dolittle's advice I have made extensive plans that will not be changed, we are leaving sometime around 8am on Friday morning heading north on 441 toward the mountains and the BRP...from there I liked the Doc's advice, we're gonna take it one day at a time and enjoy the scenery and let the road take us where it will.
Hope to have the lap-top with me to share the experience.:)
(Now I kinda like a kid on Christmas eve....can't wait)

May the days before you leave fly by and the trip seem to last forever. This is going to feel like one looonnng week of anticipation.

Here's to an enjoyable and safe ride for you and your better half :cheers. And may the weather gods work in your favor:bigsmiley12:

Hey Backroad, I hope you ya'll have a great time. I live in Waynesboro just off the north entrance of the BRP. If ya get up this far give us a shout out. Mabe we could ride together for abit.

Now that's my kind of vacation - wishing you both many miles of smiles & enjoyent. My wife no longer likes to ride...something about leaving kids parentless...;-) Glad it's a family event & remember to take lots of pics & give us recap when it's over.

Good luck getting any sleep this week. If you're like me, the anticipation of heading out on even the simplist trip is usually over whelming.

This time of year, try and get the majority of your days riding in before 2:00 or so and then play it by ear as far as the weather and how you're feeling.

Roger that Dr. D., just out of curiosity, with my going up 441, how close will I come to you?

What's "close" among HDTimeline friends? :D

Let me know your itinerary and I'll check with the Master Scheduler (otherwise known as my wife) and see what works out.

Dr. D was right, sleep comes with great difficulty, now about 47 hours (not that I'm counting) before departure. Wife has the bag packed, and we're setting on ready....Don't have a firm plan other than get into the Blue Ridge area and ride and make memories.

Back