free website stats program The coolest add on to your bike | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The coolest add on to your bike

By far the coolest thing that I added would have to be the sundowner seat that I picked up for 40 bucks at a rummage sale.
Now I can pick up the Ladiiieeesss!!

sent from my evo shift

Hey Z, I like that avatar pic, are you feeling blue today ? :D

Coolest thing I put on my bike are the Kuryakyn saddle shields. They keep the intense heat from the rear cylinder off my thighs. Anything to help reduce the heat is very "cool" in my book. Especially with the extremely hot summer we've been having in Texas. But it did rain for about 20 minutes Saturday morning. First rain in over 2 months. :D

Coolest thing I've added to my bike... is me. Then there's the Willie G Skull headlight visor, chrome tank panel, shotgun pipes axle covers, derby and timing covers etc. they're all cool. But still the coolest thing on my bike is me. :cheers
:lolrolling:bigsmiley24:
Well alrighty then. Those are some cool mods.
Thanks

I was lucky enough to get a new tank do to dirt in the paint. I was able to get a police tank and then install 1960 tank emblems. The emblems are white and bike is vivid black. Also just installed a Street Glide windshield made a big difference.
Dirt in the paint?

The ultra has OEM deflectors installed and I'm glad I got them.

Coolest thing I've added is the Motorcyclemetal HID headlight, not all that much to look at, but it's nice to be able to see some usable roadway in front of the bike at night.
Hmmmm???
You got a link to one of those?
Thanks

IMHO, the BEST investment you will ever make on your bike is an HD Factory Service manual. Even if you never lift a wrench on your bike, you will understand what you are being told by whoever does.

Second best is the HD Factory Parts manual, and third is the Electrical Diagnosis manual.

With these and the help you can get from this forum, you will be able to attack 99% of the problems you might every have with your ride.

TQ
I already have the service manual. I'll look for the other 2 manuals.
Thanks

Well, SixPak beat me to the punch! I was gonna say "Me" also. If I had only logged in sooner.
The other Add-Ons I like are Dobeck's EJK Gen 3, K & N's intake kit, and a can of Pledge!

Cheers! and Welcome to the forum!
Good idea with the pledge.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dirt in the paint?

Harley Rep was at dealer on the day of delivery. Told service manager about dirt in fairing. Rep came over and told dealer to order tank and outer fairing. I asked about police tank. Dealer said no problem...How lucky was I????:bigsmiley24:

So far, the coolest add-ons are my wife and miles, or in my case kilometers:D.

The next coolest is the add-ons I haven't bought yet: Like the Dobeck Gen4 TFI.:p

I have added MANY MANY additions to my bikes over the years, a good seat, good backrest and dipping the front tire in every ocean accessible from this continent are so far the best things you can do with/for your bike other than making sure the bike isn't too lean and runs properly.

And of course as already stated, miles and your significant other!

Regards, Bill

The coolest thing I recently put on a bike was THE Reddhead and that be that:D

Well, since "Me," "miles," and "redhead" are taken...

I put Rush ceramic coated true dual headers and fishtail mufflers on mine. So cool it makes the Fonz look nerdy.

I find that the more stuff I take off my bike or put out of sight, the better it gets.

In short, the best 4 things I've done so far is replace the ape hangers with the XL1200 bars, high flow intake, Drag pipes with quiet baffles for some additional back pressure and the screamin' eagle race tuner.

Hurray for torque & extended rpm limits :)

Back