free website stats program The bell | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

The bell

Jack get lorne a great big one!!:newsmile100::newsmile100::newsmile100:

LOL, last year in Sturgis, Jeff and my riding partners put a COW bell on my bike, I started it up and heard this clanking, WOW I thought my bike was going to blow up, they were laughing pretty hard, I still have the bell:p

[FONT=&quot]This is on a little sheet of paper inside the black velvet bag that each Guardian Bell comes in:
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Guardian® Bell[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Legend has it that Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves on to motorcycles for as long as there have been bike on the road. These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the Evil Road Spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground. (Ever wonder where pot-holes come from?)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Legend also has it that the mystery of the Guardian® Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift. Show someone how much you care. Offer them defense against the Evil Road Spirits! Give a Guardian® Bell and share the Legend of Good Luck it offers to a motorcycle and its rider.[/FONT]

Some people laugh about the bell. Some people just think it's kinda cute, or a nice little conversation piece.

I used to just think it was kinda cute.

My wife bought me a bell when I first got my bike.
I put it on the bike with a zip tie.

I rode to Sturgis this year, and back, no problems.

I noticed the bell was missing some time during the week after I got back from Sturgis. I thought, "No big deal, I'll get another one soon."

The next week, the bolts holding my left muffler came out as I was driving down the road and my muffler was dragging on the road. So, I called a friend to pick me up and went to the hardware store, got new bolts, bolted the muffler back up and drove the bike home.

Two days later, I went to start my bike and it turned over once and then lost all electrical power.

That weekend we made a special trip so my wife could buy me another bell !!!

Unfortunately, I still have the electrical problem. But, I am now a strong believer in the power of a little bell.

I for one never cared for the Bell Idea. Why would I want to add another noise to my bike or trike now? So I did what I thought would be way better than a demon bell. I had my bike blessed! Works for me and my scoot.

zoood/RJ

I for one never cared for the Bell Idea. Why would I want to add another noise to my bike or trike now? So I did what I thought would be way better than a demon bell. I had my bike blessed! Works for me and my scoot.

zoood/RJ

Now that's a great idea Zoood. Having a bike blessed, I will look into that one. I was having trouble with neighbours back in 2008 (being noisy etc.), so I had my house blessed and all the trouble stopped almost immediately. On the day of the blessing, the smoke alarm near the front door went off for no apparent reason.

On the bell subject - I like it, but I'm with Lorne on this, I don't have any biker friends, so my friends won't know about them. Oh well........

Back