free website stats program The Amazing, Missing, Mysterious O-ring (sort of long) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Amazing, Missing, Mysterious O-ring (sort of long)

Well, I learned 3 things today.
1. This place is full of the nicest people on the planet. But I already knew that.
2. They are smart and helpful and more than likely good looking.
3. There is about a bazillion places I can order O-rings on the internet.

I drove to HD and bumped into the guy that set up my bike when it was new. He went to his computer and 12.5 seconds later he ordered 6 of the O-rings for me. It seems the trim rings on mine are not the stock item. This dealer sets up bikes with little add-ons etc. once in a while to attract unwary lookie-looz like me into buying a bike. It worked on me but I feel dumb now. However, the O-ring is a stock HD item. Weird that no one could find it except this guy.

Although I am rather disappointed at Glider's lack of swordiness.

Thanks for all the replies.
Carry on.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em
Ride safe

The part number for those o-rings is in the parts breakdown which comes with the accessory when you buy it.
Give me a few minutyes and I will go downstairs and see if I can find it for you.

OK...here ya go......
HD instructions; -J00737, Rev. 2007-08-17
Service parts :Turn Signal Trim Rings.
1. screw (1) Part #3824
2. nut (1) #8006
3. Trim Ring (not sold seperately)
4. O-ring (1) # 11371

Hope this is what you were looking for.

The o ring comes with the chrome trim rings that were added to the turn signals by the previous owner...Normally the lens do not use an o ring...It is used with the trim rings as a spacer & seal as when installing the trim rings you install the o ring and just snug the lens screws and then instal the trim rings...I am sure the parts dept could get the part number for the o rings if they would do a parts break down for the trim rings.

Back