free website stats program Thanks to all of you! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thanks to all of you!

Sea Foam also removes moisture in gas, it is claimed as a cleaner/stabilizer/moisture remover. I love the stuff it's a little more expensive than other products but it works.

Apyle and Glider...Thanks guys ok now I know what you mean...Sometimes I can't believe how stupid i am...lol Here in the Midwest almost all our gasoline blends are mixed with " ethenaol " 10 percent in fact...would that be the same thing? Or a product like " Heet" gasoline antifreeze..which contains methyl alcohol ?..thanks again guys....

Hey Fourdogs --- I'm just down the road from ya here and I use the Isopropal style of "Heet" in my vehicles. Thought I read somewhere that the methyl style doesn't have the "drying" effect that Iso. does. The reason I use the "Heet" is because of the ethenaol fuel we have here.

I'm with you Apyle about the Sea Foam. Last spring my deuce wasn't happy. It wouldn't idle without the choke. I went to Advanced and had every kind of fuel additive out that I knew of and asked the guy which would be best. He said you don't want any of them, you want Sea Foam. I took his word, the bike was running like a champ within a mile. We now keep Sea Foam on hand for all the engines. At that time, it was only about half the cost of the others, but now I noticed that it has jumped up to about the same.

Sea Foam also removes moisture in gas, it is claimed as a cleaner/stabilizer/moisture remover. I love the stuff it's a little more expensive than other products but it works.

Sea Foam I use in my Bass Boat when I store it for the winter, but I spray it directly into the carbs...do they have a product that added directly to the fuel tank?...........?

Lewis ..Gotcha and thanks..hope we get a chance to ride pretty soon...won't quit raining here long enough however...Like last year we rode the San Juan Skyway( in Colorado), and Angel Fire, Eagle Nest, Red River, Cimarron in New Mexico ..we were there 14 days..and 13 of them rained the 14 th it hailed...Damn did that ever hurt!...lol...

Apyle and Glider...Thanks guys ok now I know what you mean...Sometimes I can't believe how stupid i am...lol Here in the Midwest almost all our gasoline blends are mixed with " ethenaol " 10 percent in fact...would that be the same thing? Or a product like " Heet" gasoline antifreeze..which contains methyl alcohol ?..thanks again guys....
I don't like the one that is made out of methyl alchol becaus you can destroy a two stroke engine with it. I use it in my snowmobiles, and methyl achol destoyed the engine.

As a parts counterman at a Napa auto parts, I really never suggest any product unless I've used it and proven that it actually works. In my line of business word of mouth means everything. My favorite fuel system treatments are as follows.
1. Sea Foam
2. Lucas Fuel Treatment
3. Pb blaster fuel treatment
as far as dry gassed go I only have two choses
1. IsoHeet (in the red not the yellow)
2. Napa mac's thermo aid

Sea Foam I use in my Bass Boat when I store it for the winter, but I spray it directly into the carbs...do they have a product that added directly to the fuel tank?...........?

Lewis ..Gotcha and thanks..hope we get a chance to ride pretty soon...won't quit raining here long enough however...Like last year we rode the San Juan Skyway( in Colorado), and Angel Fire, Eagle Nest, Red River, Cimarron in New Mexico ..we were there 14 days..and 13 of them rained the 14 th it hailed...Damn did that ever hurt!...lol...
Yeah They have a full line of products. The fuel treatment's part number is SF16.

Back