free website stats program Thanks to all of you! | Harley Davidson Forums

Thanks to all of you!

Mosko

I finished a 10K mile servicing on my Road King yesterday, which included a new rear tire. I read the various threads and tips posted here for probably two weeks prior to attempting this.

I allowed that everything I needed to know had already been discussed, and was posted here somewhere. Other than a couple of confusing points that you guys helped me with, concerinng the tire, band and tube.

I am most amazed with how quiet the engine, chain and tranny are with the synthetic oil. New plugs, air filter, injector cleaning, the thing runs better/ quieter than the day I brought it home.

I copied the Service check list that Glider posted and accomplished every item. It took 3 days, part time, but I had a blast!

Thanks again!

I finished a 10K mile servicing on my Road King yesterday, which included a new rear tire. I read the various threads and tips posted here for probably two weeks prior to attempting this.

I allowed that everything I needed to know had already been discussed, and was posted here somewhere. Other than a couple of confusing points that you guys helped me with, concerinng the tire, band and tube.

I am most amazed with how quiet the engine, chain and tranny are with the synthetic oil. New plugs, air filter, injector cleaning, the thing runs better/ quieter than the day I brought it home.

I copied the Service check list that Glider posted and accomplished every item. It took 3 days, part time, but I had a blast!

Thanks again!

Way to go you "grease monkey wrench bender" lol !!!! What was your choice of fluid in the tranny?

Sure feels good to do it yourself and know it was done right.

Yes sir it does! I used Mobil 1 85/140 synthetic gear oil in the tranny. I think it would have mixed with the residual HD transmission oil ok, but not being sure, I rode the bike a few miles and changed it again.

The only problem I have is that the tranny dip stick is chrome, and the oil is clear enough with the thin coating on the dipstick, that I can't see the level very well.

No problems with the residual oil left in after a change, they mix just fine. The dipstick thing, if you take a piece of fine sandpaper and just remove the shine from the stick and clean it well , the oil shows up better when checking it.

Thanks again!
Where did you find the copy of the service check sheet that you referred to?Sounds like a good idea.I'm still waiting for my bike to be delivered,but i've got a garage full of goodies and litres of oil just longing for a home.
THANKS.:AUSTRALIA

Thanks again!

Injector Cleaning....is this done with a additive? are did you physically do this? Thanks in advance

Back