free website stats program Tfi | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tfi

I did mine about 2 months ago. Along with my cam upgrade, the performance is great. I took a 3-4 mpg hit in fuel mileage but that was expected because i wanted to richen up the mixture and have my bike run a little cooler. No complaints with their product or the results on my ride :D

Can you tell a big difference as far as it running cooler now??? I'm more interested in cooling mine down than increasing performance, but if it runs stronger, I won't complain.

Can you tell a big difference as far as it running cooler now??? I'm more interested in cooling mine down than increasing performance, but if it runs stronger, I won't complain.

Not answering for BigAl66.

I KNOW the bike will run Cooler... When I first installed the TFI,,,,Yes the TFI on my 09 king... My wife's First ride out a few days later after I installed the TFI....

Wife asking me "What did you do to the bike?"

WHY I asked,,,

"It feels Much Cooler"..

No joking here.

Disclaimer:

I don't get paid a thing from Dobecks..... Working BETA with them on a few products...

Just looking out for your satisfaction using their products and achieving a good Healthy Discount worked out for the forum members by Me and glider, long time ago...:s

signed....BUBBIE

In my opinion your going to get both. More fuel = cooler engine and better performance. Keep in mind they run lean due to the EPA restrictions so the more fuel you add the more power you'll feel and the engine will run cooler as well. It's a win win.:s

Bought the Gen 3. Installed and test drove yesterday. Put on 150 miles.
After one tank, 43 miles per gallon (imperial). Runs amazingly cooler. So much so that the engine is noticeably quieter due to the oil not being so hot.
Small amount of popping still. Not near where it was. Will bump up Decel setting from 0.5 to 1.0 and give that a try this week. Overall, runs and performs well. Per some of Bubbie's posts, I will try fine tuning green zone but I have no tach so will have to do some guessing on RPM. We will see!!

Bought the Gen 3. Installed and test drove yesterday. Put on 150 miles.
After one tank, 43 miles per gallon (imperial). Runs amazingly cooler. So much so that the engine is noticeably quieter due to the oil not being so hot.
Small amount of popping still. Not near where it was. Will bump up Decel setting from 0.5 to 1.0 and give that a try this week. Overall, runs and performs well. Per some of Bubbie's posts, I will try fine tuning green zone but I have no tach so will have to do some guessing on RPM. We will see!!

IF you are referring 2000 RPM,,,,You can get the same results by saying "Fast Idle"...

Good to hear GOOD.......:D

signed....BUBBIE

I have the gen 3 on my road king and love it, last fill up I was getting 44 mpg. :D I like that! Bike sounds and runs great too!

Hey gang....been busy, not on much and missed a question directed at me. Thanks BUBBIE and the others for good info on my behalf. Mine runs much cooler and the power is real good. I'm at about 40 mpg, but part of that may be that I tend to twist the wick a little more now or it's due to the new cams.....but I do get a grin every time. I'm sure I could tweak it more to improve the fuel mileage and am considering "renting" the SAFR unit from Dobeck to dial it in perfectly. For the $45 bucks or so including shipping both ways, I think it may be a worthwhile investment for my own "dyno" time :D

Hey, new guy here. Just researching some different things so I don't post too many stupid questions.

Purchased a second hand TFI and getting ready to install it. I had not heard of the SAFR until just now and it is good to know I don't have to rely on my gut feelings exclusively to get this thing zeroed in. Thanks BigAl!

Back