free website stats program TFI Inop. After Install | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Inop. After Install

Good news fm new owner - last e-mail starts off:
/////////////
Got it back in and it's perfect!
The difference in the 08 Police FLHP is that the injector wires are reversed. The injectors have no polarity so it was just the way that HD made the wire looms on the 08. I think when they made the TFI they didn't know about this and that's why it hasn't been mentioned anywhere.
//////////////

Hats off to Dobeck (again) for making such an AWESOME product & backing w/superior technical support - no matter if it's "original" owner, or second-hand...YEAH!!! Also, Police bike owners might want to note this "amendment" to the install instructions for 08-09 touring bikes.

Hats off to Dobeck (again) for making such an AWESOME product & backing w/superior technical support - no matter if it's "original" owner, or second-hand...YEAH!!! Also, Police bike owners might want to note this "amendment" to the install instructions for 08-09 touring bikes.
__________________ This should be in the self help section, This is great news and Kudos to Dobeck:s

I thought you guys were talking about me today. First let me say that the Dobeck is the only TFI that makes a huge difference in performance that you notice right away. The tuning is too simple!
This model is for 08 and 09 touring bikes. I installed in 30min and didn't have to even lift the tank. I did however removed the air cleaner and bracket.
The first time I had in, bike wouldn't start and TFI showed no lights.
I had followed the instructions which are very simple. A bit about my background, I'm a broadcast engineer and been racing and building bikes as a hobby for over 40 years.
After a call to Dobeck I was informed that on the 08 Police bike the injector wires are reversed. The injectors have no polarity so it was just an HD wire loom change for whatever reason. Dobeck said just to switch the pins around in the plugs. To do this you use the actual tips of the small tie wraps that come with the unit and insert them in the holes next to the pins on the plugs, this pushes the metal lock that holds the pins in place and you can pull them out and reverse them. 30 minutes later i was on the road with a smoother, cooler running bike that had a good increase in torque and ponnies with an added surprise of instant throttle responce and no backfire on decel. It's like a completely different bike! A huge difference in power!
I can't say the same about my PC3. Dobeck is NUMBER 1 in my books and Iceman24 one of the nicest people to deal with. Have a great 4rth everyone, I'm out rindin!

Ya...I bet your ears were burning...:D

Glad my tuner got a good home & as DW would say - "Boogity...Boogity...Boogity!!!"

I am exited about getting one for my 06 roadking.
You guys at the front make me jealous.
Sometimes new stuff burns us, but this is the one to be in on..
And a discount for being a member here? Yea baby.

Back