free website stats program TFI And Break In | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI And Break In

I am buying a 2010 FXD tomorrow. The bike has 53 miles on it. I just registered as a new member and I read a few threads on the TFI and break in procedure. Should I not buy this bike and try to get one with 3-10 miles on it. Is it too late with 53 miles on the bike to do the 30 - 60 - 30? I am not sure what the TFI is and where I can buy it. I ordered the bike with the V&H slip on, stage 1, forward controls and the dealer through in the down load. I want to do this right the first time.

A Question Before I read other post???

Check your state to see IF a bike with 53 miles on it Qualifies for NEW??

If it is considered a DEMO, the price should drop (MORE) to a better price. OR that is why they threw in the download...

like the others said "not too late" for the 30/60/30 X10 and the TFI is OKAY to add late... The HD download is Still too Lean, but that can be addressed after you read and decide on a fueler to get... On the TFI,You do get a discount by ordering using HDT member.. Other discounts can apply as well... Check BEFORE you order TFI.

Man!! a New Bike!! FUN! :D

signed....BUBBIE **** OOPS, should of READ them..

Thanks everyone! I am going to do the 30 60 30 break in and dump the oil. Should I stay with HD oil or go to another brand? I am in Western NC.

The oil is your choice and you can go to a synthetic at any time without a problem whatsoever and no issues with warranty either. Just keep receipts for any servicable parts in case you need proof it was done.

TWO options on dumping the oil is after the break in or at 100 miles with a filter. I do it at 100 miles myself.

I will keep you all posted. I am on the east coast of FL now and will be picking up the FXD August 4th when I get up to WNC. I am so ready for the mountain roads for riding up there. I have been living on the east coast of FL for 11 years now and the salt air is too much for me and the roads are straight and flat.

Back