free website stats program TFI And Break In | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI And Break In

I am buying a 2010 FXD tomorrow. The bike has 53 miles on it. I just registered as a new member and I read a few threads on the TFI and break in procedure. Should I not buy this bike and try to get one with 3-10 miles on it. Is it too late with 53 miles on the bike to do the 30 - 60 - 30? I am not sure what the TFI is and where I can buy it. I ordered the bike with the V&H slip on, stage 1, forward controls and the dealer through in the down load. I want to do this right the first time.

Never too late. And 53 miles is not even around the block yet. So get the bike if it is the one you want. Do the break-in. You can order the TFI from Dobeck directly. Mention that you are a member here, and you will get a discount - military is even better - active or vet. But research there on the Dobeck site before you order. You will probably want the Gen 3 version.

Dobeck Performance

TQ

I am buying a 2010 FXD tomorrow. The bike has 53 miles on it. I just registered as a new member and I read a few threads on the TFI and break in procedure. Should I not buy this bike and try to get one with 3-10 miles on it. Is it too late with 53 miles on the bike to do the 30 - 60 - 30? I am not sure what the TFI is and where I can buy it. I ordered the bike with the V&H slip on, stage 1, forward controls and the dealer through in the down load. I want to do this right the first time.

I would be curious why it has 53 miles on it if it is NEW and how it was ridden in that time, possible it was a demo bike? . MYSELF, I would opt for one with 10 or less on it but there's no reason to pass on that bike if you like it and the breakin can be done if you buy it using the 30-60-30 method without any problems.

JMHO

The bike has 53 miles because it was road tested by another possible buyer. I am not too happy with this. The dealer lowered the $11,900 MSRP price to $11,600. I am not too happy with this situation. I like to be the only one putting the first 100 miles on the bike. With 53 miles on it. I am half way there. Should I not look back and do the 30 60 30 ten times then change the oil and filter?

I am not too happy with this situation..
This should sun it up even with the lower price, YOU are the person that should be happy here with the purchase. I would opt for a lower mile bike myself, who knows how that person beat on it. 40 or so mile road test? :bigsmiley29:

You can still do the 30-60-30 in any event.

I will talk to the dealer when they open this morning. I would like another bike. I do not care about the 300 dollar difference. I am going with the V&H
Straightshots HS Slip-ons, stage one and the dealer offered the download. I want to buy the TFI and have it installed. Should I do the download and then the TFI?

Should I do the download and then the TFI?

Not necessary for the download if you are doing the TFI. It only raises the rev limit but the problem is with a stock motor without head work and cams etc, you are only twisting the engine over with the added limit and not making any more power in that range.

I run the TFI and no download and it runs just fine.

Too late! The dealer processed my debit card. I am now stuck with the FDX with 53 miles no stage 1 or download. I have the V&H Straightshots HS Slip-ons that is it. Service told me that the bike will be fine with just a slip on. He said to break the engine in as the manual says and do not change the oil until the 1000 mile service.

NEVER too late you have a 3 day cooling off period to cancel the order on your card.

You can also call the card company and stop the transaction if you wish too.

It seems like they were very hasty to get the transaction done.

As far as break in, I recommend doing it this way and change the oil at 100 miles to remove the contaminants in the oil from the manufacturing process.

Engine Break In For New Motors - Harley Davidson Community

Back