free website stats program Texas riders. | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Texas riders.

From Houston, ride a 2006 softtail standard. I use it as a daily commuter and to get away from everything on the weekends, hoping to ride the hill country for turkey day weekend.

I ride the "Hill Country" daily, Spicewood is located right outside of Austin heading west... 71, 281, 1431... :s

Waiting for our Big Bend trip in April 09...

Let's see if we can get his going again. I'm in Amarillo...seems like a different state, everybody else is down south! Anybody out there from the Amarillo area and want to go ride?

Baytown Tx for 60+ years. Just started riding a Harley in February. Had some Goldwings back in the early 80s. Just returned from Hill Country Ride with my Church (Second Baptist Cruisers). We were in Boerne and rode the sisters on Saturday. Had about 35 bikes but not everyone went on the same ride. Unfortunately we did have one injury. One of our riders was by himself on 337 and broke his arm and had some internal bleeding. No word yet on what happened. Plan on doing some riding around Marble Falls in July and August while we are camping at Inks Lake State Park. Sorry, didn't mean to write an essay here..

Houston has been home since 83.

We ride the Hill Coutry twice a year, run to North of Dallas several times a year to visit the kids. Have done F-Burg and the loop on day trips. Sam Houston National Forest and Yankees Tavern are also a nice day trip.

We leave Saturday for Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, West Virgina, North Carlonia, Tennessee, Missouri and Arkansas.

Been from Canada to Mexico and the Atlantic to the Pacific on a motorcycle. Texas has some great roads, but, don't forget the rest of this beautiful country.

Down in Pearland. Between Houston and Galveston. Ride the Hill Country, The Big Thickett, The Gulf Coast and yes even up around Amarillo from time to time.

That's the great thing about Texas. Beaches, Mountains, Forests, and desert country all in one state. It may take a while to get there but that's the best part anyway.

Hello. we are up in Ft Hood Texas. we try to get to the hill country every other month. we also belong to the Heart of Texas Victory Riders. cuz i ride a Victory King Pin. wife rides her own bike. love to hook up for rides and learn more about these Harleys!

Last edited:
I just traded a Kingpin in on a Road King. Nothing wrong with a Kingpin. Victory builds a great bike but I went from an Electra Glide to the Pin and never could get used to the feel or look of it. Too Japanese in the styling department and just didn't feel right on the road. I guess that if I had started with a Pin I would find the Harley's handling weird.

Got a nice cool day. We're heading out to cruise the Hill Country!

John

i agree, going from the saddle of one to the other takes a minute to get used to the handling. my pin is sooo fast compared to the glide. but i sit a little higher and my hands are further apart. but i do love the harley. course i usually get (EDIT) from harley riders when i show up to events on a Vic, and they dont know i have a harley. thats when i find out who i do and dont want to hang with. ride safe today in the HC John.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I live about 70 miles northwest of Lubbock, pretty close to the NM border and Clovis, NM. Not alot of great riding places around here, but alot of wide open rodes with little traffic. I'm not far from Ruidoso or Red River, NM though. About a 4 to 5 hour ride to either of them. Love to ride to any of them though. The furthest I've ridden is to the old Ignacio, CO rally back in 2001. Yeah I know your wondering what the heck. Well I just got back into riding this year. Got a wife and two kiddos. They are a little older now so I have some time to ride now.

Back