free website stats program Tested the Ultra for the first time! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tested the Ultra for the first time!

We had a "demo" day today at Fort Worth Harley. I currently ride a 2007 Electra Glide Classic, but I wanted to test the Ultra Limited as well as the Screaming Eagle Ultra. I like the Limited better. The seat was the biggest complaint on the SE. I know I could change the seat, but for $35,000+ it should be a comfortable seat IMO. It also sounded funny, the hi-flow intake was kinda loud which is normal, but the exhaust is....well....You cant hear it at all. The performance on both machines were awesome, and in our "guided test ride" really couldnt push it to much, but they both felt similar to me. All in all I think I would go with the Limited and save $10,000+. I also rode the Road Glide, wasn't impressed at all (sorry Top!:newsmile07:). Maybe I'm just use to the batwing fairing, but the RG felt like a tank to me. I also rode a SE Fat bob, not too bad, no complaints from me except for a SE, it is quiet, like a sewing machine, lol....:)DCome to think of it, they all sounded like sewing machines!! LOL:D) They did have a Sportster "48" for rides, but I didn't have the time to ride it, maybe next time....Some that did ride it said it was FAST!!!

So overall it was a fun day, and I now know for sure what my next purchase will be.......An Ultra Limited!!!! Even the Misses said on our way home, to go back and buy a Limited, but..........Gotta save some cash first!!!! lol... Just my opionion!

I don't want to test drive a UC b/c then I'd probably want to buy it. When I was looking for SG's my daughter always drifted to the Ultra's - she wants the "comfy" passenger spot which my SG doesn't compare right now. Sooner or later I'll probably get a tour pack so she's happy, but if she gets me on one of the bike's I don't think I'd get off...guess it could be worse - she could be wanting her own ride.:s

just go back & get it...Capt,,, now thats a wow wife,,,,

Oh, I will, hopefully sooner than later:s......but right now there's serious talk of a layoff in the next few months for my department to downsize:(, so, I gotta hold out for a bit, get the credit better, build up a sizable down payment, and hopefully not get laid-off!:51: And yes, my wife's a keeper! :newsmile092: She loves to ride! I'll tell ya, if the lay-off thing wasn't there and my credit was a bit better, I would have been back there and driving off on a new Ultra Limited!:D

Glad you have a great day. When I road tested the Ultra, Classic, and StreetGlide, I didn't like all the air that came up underneath the fairing. It made my helmet dance. Darn it, the wifey gave the green light....so, I will stick with my no windshield Road King. The air is VERY smooth on that bike.

Thorns

Back