free website stats program Tested the Ultra for the first time! | Harley Davidson Forums

Tested the Ultra for the first time!

ugocon

Another "Open Day" at my dealer in Rome today.
I went there hoping to test a VRSC: really curios to feel the thrust of the Porsche engine! :p
Arrived there.... no VRSC to test this time! :(
But there was a vivid black EG Ultra calling for me! :D

Yes , the bike is heavy, but moving it pushing with feet doesn't feel much worse than my Street Bob.
When moving, the engine runs very smooth, less vibrations than my Dyna, but the weight decreases the performances: the lost in acceleration is sensible!
The handling is great: swinging from one side to another of the road is very easy and with a very little effort.
Brakes are good (very easy to be better than a Dyna, though! :49:).
Overall very comfortable, smooth and pleasant to drive.
But I wouldn't get it if my objective is not to tour, tour, tour....
I prefer the Street Glide: lighter look and more an impression of a general purpose bike.:s

BTW, there was the first "48" in show (not in test, unfortunately).

At first, I didn't recognize it! :unsure
It's small, compact, with a tiny (and I mean really tiny!!!) tank!

I'm curios about the efficiency of the rear mirror hanging underneath the bar... next time maybe!

Anyway, it looks nice, but, IMO, very few room for mods, unless spoiling its inner nature.

Ciao
Ugo

Sounds like you had a fun day - so when are you going to get the Ultra and tour, tour, tour?

He he...

No, I mean that the Ultra is for those who plan a coast to coast, Cape North raid, Europe tours and so on...
I most of the time have short trips around Rome, then, it would be a waste for me: better another kind of Bagger, lighter and sportier... a Street Glide for instance! :s
But I liked the Ultra very much... :p

Ciao
Ugo

One bike ultra i like to travil, daily rider, only mode of transport ultra or any touring family, mine has to do everthing...:newsmile108:

...the Ultra is for those who plan a coast to coast, Cape North raid, Europe tours and so on...I most of the time have short trips around Rome, then, it would be a waste for me: better another kind of Bagger, lighter and sportier...

My thoughts exactly. I rented an EGUC and while on the highway it was God's gift to motorcycling. However for short jaunts and frequent dismounts I found all that neat stuff to be cumbersome and got in the way. For my riding needs the basic Road King was a perfect fit.

Richard, I like how you think. :D

I've got my Ultra which is the only bike my wife will get on.
My 1200 Sporty for a little round-town fun.
And my Buell 1125R when my inner child needs to come out and play!!

BTW, there was the first "48" in show (not in test, unfortunately).

At first, I didn't recognize it! :unsure
It's small, compact, with a tiny (and I mean really tiny!!!) tank!

I'm curios about the efficiency of the rear mirror hanging underneath the bar... next time maybe!

Anyway, it looks nice, but, IMO, very few room for mods, unless spoiling its inner nature.

Ciao
Ugo

what is that? a new bike of some sort?

Back