free website stats program Tensioner's cost in Canada | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tensioner's cost in Canada

Hoople, legal practice here is to charge a percentage for shop supplies. More Canadians should be aware of it and ask that charges be waived before repairs are done.

To me that is so wrong,, it is almost dishonest. Shop supply costs is a function of how many hours labor is involved? How on earth do they get away with it.

What would they charge me to dispose of a bad battery or tires? $400

Honest to goodness, I don't know how people afford it.

Sorry shop supplies were $60.00 Not $80.00. I got the old parts back but were would I get them checked?

I myself would not get too focused on the chains. I can actually understand the tech putting in a new set of chains in order to eliminate any possible chance of a "call back". Look at it from his side. If he uses the old chains to try and save you some money and in 10K miles 1 chain happens to go south,, the 1st thing the customer will say is "you took the whole thing apart, charged me $1000 and you did NOT put new chains in it!! What were you thinking!

I have seen it time and time again. You try to help the customer out by being careful installing new parts. If things go as planned the customer never will say "thanks" for watching the cost on the bill. But if something goes wrong, he wants the labor and any needed parts for free.

This way if something does go wrong during the repair warranty period, he at least got it ($$) up front and can absorb it a little better.

It's good you got the chains... trust me.

I'm very glad to hear that the new chains are a good thing and not replace for no reason kind of thing, thanks I feel much better now.

To me that is so wrong,, it is almost dishonest. Shop supply costs is a function of how many hours labor is involved? How on earth do they get away with it.

What would they charge me to dispose of a bad battery or tires? $400

Honest to goodness, I don't know how people afford it.

Too bad most shops charge shop supplies some as much as 10 percent total ticket while others claim to already have it figured into bill

Back