free website stats program Tempting offer | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tempting offer

Beside her normal car was a ford model A in mint showroom condition , he asked her if she wanted to sell it so she said sure she'd take $800.00 for it , he paid her cash on the spot and then took her to hae bank to get the title ! Man her son was very upset with her for selling it and with him for buying it .

DUDE - thats just wrong in all since of the word and cant say as I blame the son!! --- JMO

This is on the same line , a friend of mine who had his own auto repair shop got a call from an old lady who's car wouldn't start and asked if he'd stop by her house and take a look at it . When he got there she took him out to her garage and told her she had a bad battery and replaced it . Beside her normal car was a ford model A in mint showroom condition , he asked her if she wanted to sell it so she said sure she'd take $800.00 for it , he paid her cash on the spot and then took her to hae bank to get the title ! Man her son was very upset with her for selling it and with him for buying it .

Glad your friend got a deal, but that does seem a bit wrong. I am always looking for a steal, but taking advantage of someone that has no clue what the item they are selling is worth is just bad karma waiting to come back at you.

I was in my bank today and started to leave when an elderly man noticed my HD shirt, stopped me and asked if i worked at the HD dealership. I replied no,, but I know all the employees there and ride a HD bike. Well to cut thru the chase...he told me how his brothernlaw had passed away 2 weeks ago and has a 96 softtail sitting in the garage. It only has 2277 miles on it. The man only rode it to the country club there in his subdivision and back home. He hasn't contacted any dealer yet about selling it. So we exchanged phone #'s and I'll be driving there (local) to look at it. I don't know for sure what Softtail model it is,,but would like to get some feedback as what the bike might be worth. He mentioned it was stock, and a dark purple in color, almost black. He talked a figure of $7000.

I bet a dealer would not give him much more then the 7000.00 for it. I could not see the bike being worth more then 9, no matter what. It's 15 years old. I would do some serious looking at what they are selling for. It is not likely to increase in value.

I think it is a good deal. But only if you are looking for a bike.

I have a 96 Classic ... bought a year ago for 6500, 30 k on it. It needed a little work ,but not much. It had not run in about a year although it had been started once in a while. I put a clutch and ignition on it and haven't had any problems with it since, put about 12k on this year. There are deals out there. I knew the guy real well and knew it had been taken care of .

I total agree but it didn't bother him a bit . Granted it was like 20 years ago but still $ 800.00 bucks for a mint model A , it was a steel back then . A lot of locals give him a bad time about it but he really didn't care .

Back