free website stats program Taking the BAFFLES out of my Vance and Hines Long shots | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Taking the BAFFLES out of my Vance and Hines Long shots

I don't know if I'm just lucky or the previous owner tweaked the bike, but my bike came in with longshots cut to the point where there's the hole for the screw in case I wanted baffles, but the bike didn't come with baffles and it makes lots of power on the low and mid range withthe stock intake on, I now changed it to a BS stage 1 and I still have the power plus more pull in the upper range and it has a great sound while idling that my dad even loves and in open throttle it sounds like (EDIT) broke loose, even so... it's not so loud

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
You may think it has power in the lower range without the baffles but if you tried a set of baffles I believe you would change your mind here and if you installed the baffles on a dyno and did a before and after run, I know you would change your mind.

i have a 1990 with vance & hines longshots also. the guy i bought it from gave me some baffels that i once tried, what a joke. they really muffled it a lot. its loud but not obnoxious. the sound youll get depends on the cam and compression you have. id try it and if you like the sound then youll have to make the changes needed, if any. i heard the stock = corporal punishment bike that occ made for a guy on there show. it was stock and had drag pipes that were only 12" - 16" long, was really quite, figure because it was stock.

Have to agree with Glider and Hobbit, I think the biggest mistake made is changeing to full open exhaust on a bike with only slight performance changes.

Any change you make to the air or fuel flow through the engine is going to alter the way it runs. I don't know who it runs now. The change could make it run better but most likely you'll need to get it tuned to run right after the mod.

Back