free website stats program Taking the BAFFLES out of my Vance and Hines Long shots | Harley Davidson Forums

Taking the BAFFLES out of my Vance and Hines Long shots

muttlange

If I remove them, cut off Half and Put them Back, Will I need to do anything Else LIKE the MOTOR? Tune wise?

You'll be reducing the backpressure and also the length of the pipes which may also effect the tune. Depending on how your motor is tuned now will tell the story.
There's a minimum pipe length for street bikes where they will run the best.

There is more to this than just the backpressure change! You will shift the powerband and will require a different spark curve. Also, you will need to change the intake so it can deal with the reduced total backpressure. In short, you may screw things up more than help.
J

Don't do it Mutt. I took the baffles out of my rineharts and immediately put them back in. Loss of bottom end power and Just too darn loud.

By the way ..Loved your work with Def Leppard :bigsmiley20:

that is something i would like to talk about also. when i bought this 99 fatboy i have, it had v&h short shots on it without the baffles and it is way to loud. can you get baffles for these and how hard is it to install them. thanks............chunky

Yes you can buy baffles for them. There are 2 different sets actually. Regular and Quiet. My V&H pipes have the regular baffles and I love them. They are not that loud at idle but when you get into the throttle they get pretty loud. The bike will run better once you put the baffles back in anyways.

took the baffles out of my v&h big radius went for a ride the low end power loss was drastic and the sound was nasty 20 mins later I put them back in I've been told if you cut them in half and reinstall the power loss would be minimal but I dont see how ,thought about torque cones, but with the stock v&h baffles there loud enough and the power is good enough with the stage one think I;ll leave it alone

Back