free website stats program taking apart my evo dyna for base gaskets | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

taking apart my evo dyna for base gaskets

I know all about the while its apart thing, explaining it to my girlfriend is another story.....

Hmmmm, I know the feel, some times explaining to the Redhead is a waste of time too but I still do after all these years:p Good luck on your build and let us know how it does

Tell her it's like buying shoes without getting a handbag to match. :newsmile030:

great analogy....

the parts are dropped off, the cylinders needed to be bored, they are going to 5 thou. over there was a enough difference in the numbers top to bottom of the jug and then measuring the piston, heads are going to get freshened up, if the guides are still good those will stay in, so far 600.00 for that part.

Very good point, if I had found more issues that got the numbers higher i might have gone that route, but I am still under 800 including tools that will fill my tool box for future use

Sent from my incredible with swype

One thing easily overlooked on re-assembly is proper ring gap. (Not stagger)...where the ends of the same ring come together :s

the shop is fittiing the rings to the cylinders, it was part of the deal, but yes that and proper ring orientation are important

One thing easily overlooked on re-assembly is proper ring gap. (Not stagger)...where the ends of the same ring come together :s

the shop is fittiing the rings to the cylinders, it was part of the deal, but yes that and proper ring orientation are important

well I was wrong about this.....the shop didn't fit the rings to the cylinders (read- not so happy),

I cleaned all the gasket material off the tops and bottoms of the cylinders, I do not have a lapping tool for the base of the cylinders so I am going to try and figure out a way to get the bases true.

I stopped and got a ring installer tool to put the rings on the pistons, but any info prior and info on ring gap would be appreciated.

pistons are 10 over so are the rings.
thanks

well I was wrong about this.....the shop didn't fit the rings to the cylinders (read- not so happy),

I cleaned all the gasket material off the tops and bottoms of the cylinders, I do not have a lapping tool for the base of the cylinders so I am going to try and figure out a way to get the bases true.

I stopped and got a ring installer tool to put the rings on the pistons, but any info prior and info on ring gap would be appreciated.

pistons are 10 over so are the rings.
thanks

The Proper Piston Ring Clearance on a Harley-Davidson hope this helps View attachment Cylinder-1246.pdf http://www.vtwinmfg.com/catalogs/cyr/pdf/1246.pdfthis shows the cylinder lapping tool

Back