free website stats program Tail of the Dragon | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail of the Dragon

We booked our cabin in Maggie Valley, Oct 18 thru 26th. So we hope for good weather, and good riding.
If anyone else had plans to be in the area shoot me a PM prior:D

Oh man I hear the Tail is awesome! Really wanted to go this year but started having issues with my Angel. Hoping to up and ready for sure by Thunderonthestrip.com in Geneva Lake Erie this fall.

The Tail is not really technical..but for the first time I would pay attention to the posted limit, especially on the way down. A lot of very sharp curves that you don't want to goof up on.

We almost scrapped the pegs several times and mine sit rather high on the frame.

I have been wanting to go to the tail so bad. It's about six hours from where I am, roughly. which isn't too bad, it's just hard to get my commander to give me a mileage pass for a few days lol. I might take some leave in the fall to head out that way though.

Nikko

We are going to be up there the last part of October, maybe we can meet for a ride. Lots of good riding close by. Shoot me a pm if you get leave.

You will need to be careful of the leaves, almost as slippery as ice when layered on the pavement.

Nikko

We are going to be up there the last part of October, maybe we can meet for a ride. Lots of good riding close by. Shoot me a pm if you get leave.

You will need to be careful of the leaves, almost as slippery as ice when layered on the pavement.

I sure will. IF, I get leave lol. I'm a military police officer so our schedule changes often, and we have to be approved for leave during a set time period usually, we can't just put in for it whenever we want like most of the rest of the military.
But I am really hoping to make it out that way in the fall, I hear the foliage is amazing and the views are awesome. I have a friend that lives only 45 minutes away from the Tail So I'll have a place to stay most likely.

My suggestion for anyone going to Tail of the Dragon is ride it during the week so you can enjoy it. The weekend are super busy with not only the crotch rockets trying to prove how fast they can do it but with cagers.

Back