free website stats program Tail of the Dragon | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail of the Dragon

jimride

Anyone wanting to take a trip to the Dragon area in the summer of 2014 for about a week leaving from (Paducah) western KY? ABOUT ME: 60 year old male taking first trip on a 2008 Road Glide. Please post here and send me a pm or email.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be watching this thread. I can do the Dragon and/or the Cherohala as a day trip from where I live or I like to stage out of the Maggie Valley area for a night or two also.

I'll be watching this thread. I can do the Dragon and/or the Cherohala as a day trip from where I live or I like to stage out of the Maggie Valley area for a night or two also.

Let me know where and when and I'll let you know if I can make it. Where would you stay?

There is a motel at the bottom of the Dragon, The Motorcycle Resort at Deals Gap is the closest. Townsend and Cherokee are not very far. We stayed in Gatlinburg last fall which is a bit of a ride, but that's what we went for.:D

There is a motel at the bottom of the Dragon, The Motorcycle Resort at Deals Gap is the closest. Townsend and Cherokee are not very far. We stayed in Gatlinburg last fall which is a bit of a ride, but that's what we went for.:D

Thanks. Were they clean and reasonable?

Thanks. Were they clean and reasonable?

We stayed in a cabin in Gatlinburg, so reasonable for a cabin, yes. It was off 321 in Mountain shadows resort, great views east access to all major roads.
I don't know about the Motorcycle resort at deals gap, but it's popular. The places in Cherokee are motel chains like Motel 6, Ramada, etc. Same for Townsend.

My wife and I are heading down to the Tail of the Dragon in May from Maryland. I think we will be spending a couple nights with friends at Sugarloaf mountain then work or way to Gatlinburg or Cherokee. Then the blue ridge parkway on the way back home.

We are in the planning stages of heading to the mountains for my wife's b'day in latter October. Don't know if we will stay in Gatlinburg or Maggie Valley this time. Never stayed in Maggie Valley...so if anyone has experiences there please chime in.
Anyway, we are there to have a good time and do some riding:D

Back