free website stats program Tail light/Brake light | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail light/Brake light

Yes absolutely the issue would from your previous posts appear to be electrical between the relay and the brake light
most common area to have problems on that side is under the rear fender

Brian

Stonecoldcrb; Did you get the issue with your brake light worked out? I'm having the same issue. I changed the bulb first to no avail, then the fuses, and still nothing. I hear a click when both brake levers are activated but not sure if it is the relay or not. If you found the issue was it in the wiring near the rear fender like fin 676 advised? I Need help!

Do you have cruse control? Sometimes this can cause brakes to malfunction and not work. Check to see if cruse control is working.

pop the taillight off and varify you have power to the socket with one or both brake levers activated. if the relay is cliking you have power there. so the problem can be in the wire/connector going to the rear fender/light area. Do the turnsignals work? thought they all ran to a master plug behind the tailight? i damaged one onetime switching out for a smoked tail light....

Back