free website stats program Syn3 hd oil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Syn3 hd oil

SYN is not junk it is as good as any oil in it's class
Just made by a bad company and a bit over priced I know many that run it and get a lot of miles from the rides.
There are a few better engine oils.

Junk was a poor choice on my part, I just dont buy HD hype on the syn 3 since for so many years they would not admit syn was good for our motors

I would use it. For the simple reason if something happen to the engine/trans/primary and it was caused by the oil, then it would only stand to reason that they would fix the problem at no cost to you. (Only in a real world)

SYN is not junk it is as good as any oil in it's class
Just made by a bad company and a bit over priced I know many that run it and get a lot of miles from the rides.
There are a few better engine oils.

HD must have gotten tired of everyone putting down their Blend so it does appear they have a FULL Syn...

Screamin' Eagle Full Synthetic Motorcycle Lubricant - SAE 20W50 | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

tn478s3.jpg

Probably still some of Hugo's stuff.

Agree with the above and most general attributes of 100% Synthetic...but I do not believe it is safe in "--wet clutch environment"...where friction modifiers can cause premature clutch slippage/damage, so don't use it in your Sportster based rides...JMHO. :s

Not even the 140HP 1000cc Inline Four Sportbikes still use dino-oil with engine speeds 3x the RPM of your HD, transmission and oil wetted clutch all lubricated in the same hole. Your ride, you decide. :D

Neither will I

-------------------------------

Wow, someone I can really relate to. I sold chemical instrumentation for 30 years. You know what your talking about. SO! which are the better oils?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the Syn-3 installed at my 1000mi free service yesterday! They wanted to put it in the other 2 holes too, I said nope just the motor thank you!....

Neither will I

-------------------------------

Wow, someone I can really relate to. I sold chemical instrumentation for 30 years. You know what your talking about. SO! which are the better oils?

Nice Trike, see the self help section or use the search box, lots of good choices, Mobil1 is very popular:s

Re: Engine Oil Poll

I'm back ! Just another synopsis, I have a vrod the crankcase and tranny are one resevoir. So now what! The dealer told me to run HD syn 3, is this gonna ruin my tranny in time, even though it's what 20-50 ?

Re: Engine Oil Poll

I'm back ! Just another synopsis, I have a vrod the crankcase and tranny are one resevoir. So now what! The dealer told me to run HD syn 3, is this gonna ruin my tranny in time, even though it's what 20-50 ?

HMMMM, tuff call, its not so much it is a bad oil, it is Hugo Chavez the Anti American that produces it that most object too, your ride you decide IMO you should be fine tho there are better oils out there that will not void your warranty, Capital Jack

Back