free website stats program Sundowner Deep Bucket Seat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sundowner Deep Bucket Seat

Anybody have some advice on the Sundowner. I am am 6-2 and i am kicking it around changing out my bars, or the seat. i am looking for comfort and maybe to stretch a little. i was researching the Sundowner deep bucket for Fatboys part # 51570-00a but it does not tell if they move your body at all
any help would be great

Update,
I bought the Sundowner deep bucket seat, after reading that it would move me back a little. I brought it home and i did not like the way it looked right away.The passenger pillon was way to big, height ways.
I sat it on the bike, then sat on the seat, although the back support felt good, the seat did not move me at all. I kept taking the sundowner and the stock on and off looking at it, and decided i could not overcome the look. I returned the sundowner yesterday, and have decided on going with Apes to be able to stretch out.
1 picture is the stock and the other is the sundowner
You can tell how much higher the sundowner is
Thanks for everybofyds input, and hopefully my post helps others ..............

Attachments

• stock seat.jpg
    stock seat.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 38
  • sundowner seat.jpg
    sundowner seat.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 41
sorry it didnt work for you sprinkler, thought the two would've been the same with the same chassis.Maybe catch your local dealer on a slow day and try several seats, if the apes dont work ya. Parts guys where I shop are real cool about trying different stuff to get the fit I want .best to ya

sorry it didnt work for you sprinkler, thought the two would've been the same with the same chassis.Maybe catch your local dealer on a slow day and try several seats, if the apes dont work ya. Parts guys where I shop are real cool about trying different stuff to get the fit I want .best to ya

Thanks, The parts guy i deal with at the local Dealer (Schaeffers HD in Orwigsburg, PA) is very cool, he suggested the seat, and told me i could bring it back. He is going to help fit me with the right bars, before i bolt them on.

Looking at the oil filler on the right side, does it bother any of you who have a seat so close to it. I remember a poster a long while back being bothered by it looking at the seat profile.

BTW, Rick is that a passenger peg just above the oil tank? Very nice looking bike by the way (that pix needs to be shrunk just a bit to 800x600...:D

Back