free website stats program Sun glasses after dark | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sun glasses after dark

Problem with transitional glasses is we are not allowed to have them any were on the job at any time. So then you have more to carry.
transitional glasses have been proven to change colors of lights and few other issue They were band last year. They had been band before they lifted it after the claims new one had no problems but band was back in 6 months.
Some type of sun glass are also band and they do check them.

Smitty,

Not sure I understand the problem with transitions. Most of them are gray tints, which is a neutral color. That is why it is used in photography so much. I wear a pair of the transitions and love them. Have never noticed any color change. Are we talking somthing very subtle here?

Thanks, Jake

I have a pair of HD sunglasses that go completely clear at night and appear to be optically correct. Works for me.

I have a pair of glasses that have interchangeable lenses, which I keep the spares, both yellow and clear, in a small pouch. I bought them quite a few years ago, which means "I don't remember where" LOL.

I got a nice pair of "Barrufaldi wind" glasses.They come with dark & yellow interchangeable lenses with a little pouch for carrying the spares.The frames have foam padding round the eyes to keep out the wind.Look them up online.

I keep a pair of clear safety glasses in the bags for nigh time riding. My HD glasses are way too dark and my eyes are way too old to use at night

You can get a lot more than a bug in your eye while riding, and when the left eye gets hit with a rock, the right eye will close also.:bigsmiley6:

I don't think riding after dark with sunglasses is safe but was in Laconia a few years ago and it got dark and a buddy didn't have clears, a state cop told him to put his glasses on, he said I don't have clear ones with me , the cop said, I don't care, my buddy says I can't see, the cop says again I don't care it's the law. That's why laws like that make no sense. Drive blind but don't break the law:bigsmiley29::small3d023:

Dark eye protection is better than no eye protection. Cover those eyes. You only get the ones you got. I have run with darl lenses, but I sure don't like it.

I keep night glasses in the saddle bags. I have removable liners, so whatever will be appropriate for next expected ride are in my cutoff, and the alternates are in my bags.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I always have the "opposite" pair w/me when riding so I'm ready, in case my ride extends from day - night. Of course, I've got plenty of storage on the SG (w/s bag & hard bags), but there are plenty of good ideas/posts from others. Just prepare ahead of sched & you'll be good to go...

Back