free website stats program Summer Boots | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Summer Boots

I always find it interesting when there is a slight design difference (flap behind the zip) that makes all the difference. I have found boots that cost a couple hundred dollars that don't have this feature.
I have also wondered why they don't make a MC boot with the zipper in the back of the boot, much like some womens boots I have observed. That seems to be the best place to avoind scratching chrome and keeping the zipper out of the line of water spray.

I think you may have answered your own question - can't have macho motorcycle boots looking too much like a women's boot, can we?

:lolrolling

In the 70s almost all purpous made motorcycle boots in the UK had the zip up the back of the boot and had 2 buckle straps one round the heel area and one at the top and were usually worn outside the trousers with white socks rolled over the top of the boot so for a real retro rocker look you know what to wear i still have at least one pair like that stacked away but dont try walking far in them as there is no real heel support and blisters are created fairly quickly

Brian

OK, I'm a girl, so take it for what it's worth. I like my HD boots in the summer for rides (Dad taught me to NEVER ride without boots). However, if we are stopping for socializing, etc. I throw a pair of sandals in the bags. Only takes a minute to change and the worst part about boots in the summer is walking around.:newsmile064:

Ive always worn red wing MC boots , but now as most companys these days are making there products in china and the quality has suffered, these red wings I have are old and really need to be re souled once again, but being a avid upland bird hunter, I found out recently the company that makes my hunting boots are now making MC boots , if the quality is anything like there hunting boots for durability and comfort ,I will be buying a pair this spring the name of the company is the russell moccasin company they have been around for like a 100 yrs or more and never forgot what made in USA means .
Hey Crocker thanks for printing the name of that company. I went to the Russell Moccasin web site and checked out there motorcycle boots. Looks like they make a great boot there. I like the fact that for a few extra bucks you can pretty much get a custom sole put on. These boots aren't cheap but my understanding is, if you want something made in the U.S.A. and not a cheap import, be prepared to pony up some $$$. Let us know come Spring how you like them. It could be money well spent. I have the HD side zipper lace up boots and with a Sorbathane inner sole they're not uncomfortable at all.

Bought a "jungle" boot at Army surplus. Sounds like the tactical boot others are talking about. Mesh upper connected to leather lower. Stay very cool in the summer and comfortable to walk around events with these boots.

Horioznchaser Yes expensive , But I will tell you this, my upland hunting boots were bought in 1995 the same yr I got my first bird dog she is gone now I gotta new bird dog but same russel upland boots that has not failed me ,you know they have a discounted section on there site that have already made to size boots avalible at a much lower cost if you can find somthing in your size you can save some green backs, but if you dont mind spending the big bucks on the russels your boots will be custom made to your specs and have a fit like no other boot you have ever owned ,trust me my uplanders are second to none still after all theses years . If it was not for my 2 sons polkin fun at me around the holidays about my worn out old ridin boots bla bla bla and they said they felt sorry for me n would buy me new boots if I really needed the money ,I said ok smart guys so I went to russels website and low and behold there they were russels now makes riden boots. I said to my sons I found the boots I want and showed them the price ,needles to say all of a sudden my old worn out boots seem to have a few more years left in them by there updated smart comments , so next month I will order a pair and pay for them myself and next time my sons are a little short on cash and want to borrow a few bucks .wish I could help you out but, dont have it son I needed buy some new boots.

Got an old pair of Durango pigskin boots I have had for 20 + years. The nature of the pigskin is porous and breaths very well. These have been resoled several times.

Attachments

• IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1276.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 21
OK, I'm a girl, so take it for what it's worth. I like my HD boots in the summer for rides (Dad taught me to NEVER ride without boots). However, if we are stopping for socializing, etc. I throw a pair of sandals in the bags. Only takes a minute to change and the worst part about boots in the summer is walking around.:newsmile064:

Lucy, my wife The Redhead always packed sandals and or tennis shoes, I guess women are smarter than us guys:p

Back