free website stats program Summer Boots | Harley Davidson Forums

Summer Boots

johnkarlfl

Thinking about vacation rides this summer. What is a good boot to were when it is hot. I end up using by tennis shoes, but would like to have something with more support.

I wear good quality leather boots all the time for riding mind you it never gets very hot here and it can rain a lot in the summer but when i have been in hot weather on mainland europe i havent noticed feet being too hot

Brian

I wear good quality leather boots all the time for riding mind you it never gets very hot here and it can rain a lot in the summer but when i have been in hot weather on mainland europe i havent noticed feet being too hot

Brian

Brian check out the Redback boots, best boots I have ever owned if you are on your feet alot and they come steel toes too:s

I wear magnum elite wp waterproof thinsulate lined and trek all over the countryside with dog while wearing them good comfortable and sturdy
Having had 25 years as an infantry soldier i have a wee bit of experience of what a good and bad boot is most of the issue boots i had were not too good so as a good infantry soldier i bought better and availability of good boots is much better than it used to be

Briqan

I went to a store that sells gear for EMT's, cops, SWAT teams, etc. and got a pair of what they called Tactical Boots. No, they're not motorcycle boots, but who cares. They have oil resistant no slip soles, slip on and zip up, waterproof, leather lowers and lightweight uppers, and no break in required whatsoever. I've had them 1 1/2 years now and love them. Rode in them all day and walked around in them at several events, too.

Ive always worn red wing MC boots , but now as most companys these days are making there products in china and the quality has suffered, these red wings I have are old and really need to be re souled once again, but being a avid upland bird hunter, I found out recently the company that makes my hunting boots are now making MC boots , if the quality is anything like there hunting boots for durability and comfort ,I will be buying a pair this spring the name of the company is the russell moccasin company they have been around for like a 100 yrs or more and never forgot what made in USA means .

Ive always worn red wing MC boots , but now as most companys these days are making there products in china and the quality has suffered, these red wings I have are old and really need to be re souled once again, but being a avid upland bird hunter, I found out recently the company that makes my hunting boots are now making MC boots , if the quality is anything like there hunting boots for durability and comfort ,I will be buying a pair this spring the name of the company is the russell moccasin company they have been around for like a 100 yrs or more and never forgot what made in USA means .

Here's the link if anyone's interested:

Sportsmen's Footwear Since 1898 - Fine handmade custom fitted moccasin style boots and shoes for hunters and outdoors men and women!

They look nice but too pricey for me.

I went to a store that sells gear for EMT's, cops, SWAT teams, etc. and got a pair of what they called Tactical Boots. No, they're not motorcycle boots, but who cares. They have oil resistant no slip soles, slip on and zip up, waterproof, leather lowers and lightweight uppers, and no break in required whatsoever. I've had them 1 1/2 years now and love them. Rode in them all day and walked around in them at several events, too.

+1 on the tactical boots. Leather lower and nylon upper with a zip on the side. Very light weight. I got these specifically because:
1.) The upper dries very fast, especially unzipped.
2.) The leather lower dries faster with the complete side of the boot unzipped.
3.) The nylon is very cool in the summer with your feet out on the pegs. Wind goes right through them.

+1 on the tactical boots. Leather lower and nylon upper with a zip on the side. Very light weight. I got these specifically because:
1.) The upper dries very fast, especially unzipped.
2.) The leather lower dries faster with the complete side of the boot unzipped.
3.) The nylon is very cool in the summer with your feet out on the pegs. Wind goes right through them.

Bates makes a tactical boot that I have been wearing for years. I wear them till I wear them out, then buy another pair.

In 8 yrs I have had 4 pairs at about $75.00 each. Wouldn't look at anyother brand till I can't find Bates on line or in stores.

Back