free website stats program Stung | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stung

It's funny just to read each post and visualize it happening. I replied to the time I was stung in the previous thread. But I also had an uncomfortable happening with a large brown hard shell flying beatle once. He flew into my mouth when I was a teenager riding with no helmet. I'm sure he was trying to crawl out and I was doing everything I could to help him including sticking my finger in there.

But his legs were shoving around everywhere and his sense of direction was confused because it must of been at least 15 solid seconds before that demon finally got out of my mouth. His feet (or whatever you call them) where sharp and his legs were extremely strong and they gripped so well I could not pull him out without getting cut. It was not something I want to go thru again. I learned to keep my mouth shut afterwards while riding.

(later edit) Haha just also read your post above Don that popped in about same time as mind. Enjoyed that one.
I had to laugh when I read this because something very similar happened to me. I too was much younger and I was tooling around the back country roads of home riding in all my glory and had my mouth open and this big, hard carapace of an insect damn near went right down my throat! Wow! Like yourself I have learned to keep my mouth shut while riding my bike!! Sometimes I think I ought to keep my mouth shut when I'm not riding my bike!! :s That could serve me well too!

The other day I was reading a thread from a member that had been stung by a bee, and the replies from others who had had it happen to them. I was thinking, I'm sure glad that hasn't happened to me.
Well, the bee community must have gotten wind of my thoughts. Was riding down a lazy country road enjoying a wonderful day when somehow the little fellow got past my windshield and lodged between my right ear and the strap on my half helmet. Being a bee he (or she) did what bees do; stung my ear. Boy! that hurt. My ear burned for several hours afterward. I'm in the club now. Not one I wanted to be in, but that's biking.

Don't know if that ws my post from a couple of years ago. Was wearing shorts and the little guy flew up there and zap, boy did I ever come close to putting it down. Thank goodness there was a bar called One-Eyed Rons right there, got a cold one to put on the sting..relief. I haven't worn shorts on the bike since, I also got zapped for language infraction, it was one of my first posts..still chuckle about it.

I too am a member. Had a few fly off a hay trailer and right down the neck of my t-shirt. I remember, but do not want to repeat that again.

Back