free website stats program Stumped why will my bike only turn twice and stop | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stumped why will my bike only turn twice and stop

Just out of curiosity has any "performance" work been done to motor; more specifically has the compression ratio been raise at all because this would defiantly put a lot of stress on the starter. Can you hook a multimeter up to the starter input and see the voltage. Possibly a fuse is being blow.
WAP.gif

will try this right now and return, any particular reason how this would help analyze issue?

Seeing if compression is loading down starter. Helps identify if internal issue.
Since you can't push engine through with push starting,, may be internal issue. Without plugs, it should spin with ease.

"Just out of curiosity has any "performance" work been done to motor; more specifically has the compression ratio been raise at all because this would defiantly put a lot of stress on the starter. Can you hook a multimeter up to the starter input and see the voltage. Possibly a fuse is being blow."

I have replace the seals from the carborator to the twins but the stator replacment is the most ive jumped in her, prior to me owning the bike i am un-sure of any other work done/= i have taken apart the carborator to do a cleaning . There is no fuse box on this bike i know of

If you remove the seat there I a black box pushed against the rear fender. Inside is your "fuses". Well I shouldn't say fuses its actually circuit breakers that automatically reset themselves.
WAP.gif

"How well does it turn. It spins freely at a good speed with ease for at least 5-10 seconds?"

Yes it spins very well!

If you remove the seat there I a black box pushed against the rear fender. Inside is your "fuses". Well I shouldn't say fuses its actually circuit breakers that automatically reset themselves.

Yes there is a black box type thing that my book calls the ignition module

Back