free website stats program Stripped to be painted | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stripped to be painted

Well I FINALLY got all the pieces back from the paint shop today. After all was said and done, I must admit the wait was well worth it. I put the front fender, rear fender, saddlebags, tourpack, mufflers and side plates on this afternoon after work. Tomorrow I will put the gas tank, inner and outer fairing on and post the “after pics”, hopefully with the sun shining on it. That White Pearl will blind you. I know the pics probably won’t do it justice, but it is loaded with silver metallic with a touch of blue and green metallic. 7 coats of the Pearl with 7 coats of clear on top. It looks like you could stick a spoon in the paint and it is as slick as a piece of wet glass.

Now if you never let it sit in the sun , next to some guys grinding the motor from the cinder blocks across the tracks, ride in the rain, snow or behind the de icer truck it should look good for a long time.
I'll be watching for the pictures when you post them.

Just got to get the fuel tank badges back on. Hopefully I will get those tomorrow evening after work. It’s been raining here since Friday and I got it finished up Thursday night so no pics with the sun shining on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yet.02AB7050-BB52-4EAA-BB11-9288D13EF3A8.jpeg

Back