free website stats program Street Glide fairing speakers | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide fairing speakers

Also, while you're inside the fairing, might want to go with the hidden antenna so you can get rid of the rear whip...just a thought.

go with the hog tunes. i had a set of sonys in there and they didnt last. the hog tunes are in over a year and i cant give a single complaint

Also, while you're inside the fairing, might want to go with the hidden antenna so you can get rid of the rear whip...just a thought.

Absolutely - really cleans up the look of the bike's rear end - can I say that here?

My plan is to put the bike on the lift and tear apart the fairing...I want to put in the Hog tunes and the hidden antenna..I would like to clean up the rear end also..This dynazorb is $50 for two 6x6 squares...anyone find it a great improvement? How do to glue it in ? I also want to put in a weather proof 12v hole to replace the stock one that I have lost the lighter part and I want to be able to plug stuff into it..Any other in the fairng improvements while I'm in there?
Thanks
Hap

My plan is to put the bike on the lift and tear apart the fairing...I want to put in the Hog tunes and the hidden antenna..I would like to clean up the rear end also..This dynazorb is $50 for two 6x6 squares...anyone find it a great improvement? How do to glue it in ? I also want to put in a weather proof 12v hole to replace the stock one that I have lost the lighter part and I want to be able to plug stuff into it..Any other in the fairng improvements while I'm in there?
Thanks
Hap

I don't know if I'd call it a "great" improvement but the dynaxorb does help improve the sound quality of any speakers you have in there, even stock. I believe it came with a tube of glue.

Other in fairing improvements? May want to consider these:

1. Osram headlight bulb - Brighter Headlights - Harley Davidson Community

2. Replace air temp gauge with oil temp gauge - Oil Temp Gauge Installation - Harley Davidson Community

3. Replace or strengthen the fairing braces - many have had problems with them failing.

I don't know if I'd call it a "great" improvement but the dynaxorb does help improve the sound quality of any speakers you have in there, even stock. I believe it came with a tube of glue.

Other in fairing improvements? May want to consider these:

1. Osram headlight bulb - Brighter Headlights - Harley Davidson Community

2. Replace air temp gauge with oil temp gauge - Oil Temp Gauge Installation - Harley Davidson Community

3. Replace or strengthen the fairing braces - many have had problems with them failing.

Doc,you found the self help section of the forum!!:lolrolling

Doc,you found the self help section of the forum!!:lolrolling

If my dog spent as much time on this forum as I do, even randomly hitting the keyboard with her paws, she'd eventually find the Self Help section! :p

I put the Hog Tunes Speakers and tweeter pod on my bike recently. I used the Dyna mat instead of the dyna sorb because my local stereo shop said it would be better for the fairing. It is very heavy and comes in 8x8 sheets (2) for about $20 it is self adhesive and extremely sticky. The sound clarity and depth is 100 times better than stock and at 80mph on a windy day I can hear my tunes great. I did not go with the amp cause I was doing other mods as well and opted to save the couple hundred. I'm sure it will increase the performence and give you more depth and clarity but I'm more than happy with my current set up. If I want to add later I can. The fairing removal was a 10 minute job if that. Anyone who likes music while they ride should make this one of your first mods IMO. As far as the antenna, I put a shorty on the back and I think that gives it a very cool look.

I put the Hogtunes on my 09 SG. IMO it is all you really need, cruising @ 75 mph it sounds very good and it is only about 70% volume. BTW, I bought mine on ebay (new) for $125.00 shipping included

Back