free website stats program Street Glide fairing speakers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide fairing speakers

Like the others, I have the Hog Tunes and amp, and it rocks. I'm getting ready to add the two separate tweeter speakers too.

I have the Hogtunes and they are great. I also suggest the amp as it gives you more headroom before distorting. If you decide on going with the polk audio make sure the ohms are correct for you application.

I have the Hogtunes speakers replacing the factory speakers and also added the hogpod tweeter system (no amp) works great, plenty loud, no distortion.

Thanks for all the advice. IO was also looking at a set of Polk Audio speakers at Crutchfield. Not sure if I could find an amp that would work with these.
Remember....with the Hawgwired amp or the Biketronics amp you are increasing the output to 65+ watts per channel continous, make sure the speakers you buy are rated for the high wattage. Your not going to find any "cheap" speakers that will handle 65watts continous power. Make sure any amp you buy has a "gain" adjustment and a "Frequency" adjustment (Not just a 3 position switch). When you get it installed turn the frequency to the highest setting, turn the gain almost all the way up, turn on the CD player (low volume) and turn it up until it "Chips", turn the gain down and the cd back up until the cd player is near full volume without chipping. To adjust more bass in, turn the fequency down and then adjust the gain down to stop the chipping. Remember you don't hear the bass at high speed anyway so if you want to listen to music at 70 plus your better off with more mid to high range volume than bass. Oh by the way I have the Hawgwired 2/150 amp and a set of sweeeet JL Audio 5.25's. I can hear mine at 80+......so can the guy riding next to me. If ya got something to say.....say it loud so everyone can hear.

If money's not a big factor I would upgrade the speakers and do the amp at the same time. You should also line the inside of the fairing in the speaker area with Dynaxorb - really improves the acoustic qualities of the fairing where the sound waves come out the rear of the speaker and get reflected.

Hogtunes has speaker/amp packages that usually get great reviews. I have J&M speakers and they're really an improvement over stock, too.

Dr. is one 6" X 6" piece of the dynaxorb directly behind each speaker enough? The stuff is pretty darn expensive to do the entire inside of the fairing.

Dr. is one 6" X 6" piece of the dynaxorb directly behind each speaker enough? The stuff is pretty darn expensive to do the entire inside of the fairing.

Not 100% certain of the size but what you mention sounds right. Yes, you mount it on the inside of the fairing directly behind the speakers. No way would I even attempt to line the entire fairing!

Back