free website stats program Street Bob-Howzit? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Bob-Howzit?

I have an 08 FXDC and love it to death but if I was to have it differently I would have bought the fat bob, I think you all will love it.

I have an 08 street bob and could not be happier with it. It performs great on the highway and in town. No second thoughts here on my decision to purchase one.

With regards to the heat issues when going slow my wifes softails deluxe was buring her thighs real bad and I bought these deflectors and they are awesome way better then the harley / kuryaken ones anyway I spoke with RJ and he is designing some new ones for the bob which should be coming out very soon I can say these are well worth every penny! Check out
Renegadez

Hi and welcome to the forum! I am the proud owner of an 08 "Street Bob," and the year before that I had an 07 (before anyone thinks I might have a lot of money, I am single and no kids - if I did have little ones, no motorcycle as kids come first). I loved them both. I am a little opinionated about my bob - I want to keep the look of the original as much as possible so...I bought a set of leather throw over bags from Fox Creek Leather and I kept the mini apes...I love them and I put forward controls on the bob. Do I tour? Well, yes I do! I recently took a four day excursion through Eastern Oregon and I plan a trip to Western Montana in the near future. The bob did great, I had just enough space for necessities and after it was all said and done, I made a concession to reality and bought a detachable windshield and find I am a much happier rider with that bit of a break.

I hope you find the money for a bob...and best of luck to you this year!

Idaho John

I have an 07 Bob. Stage 1 with Rineheart 2-1, PCIII, and AN Big Sucker. Detachable, quick-release winshield and sissy bar/luggage rack. Mid-controls, so I put on highway pegs for stretching when not around side streets or lots of traffic. May go to forwards at some point. I have the HD sissy bar mounted luggage-goes on and off easy just like the other stuff.

Just did 1600 miles round trip to Asheville, NC this summer, no problems, great trip. Bike handles well 2-up or with gear and can motor with the tourers. I would reccommend to anyone, but it's my first HD. I can see adding a bagger at some point for longer tours, but the Bob is great for around town and 300-400 mile days. For longer I would want a bagger/tourer.

PM if you would like some pics of the bike in various configurations. I couldn't figure out how to put them in this message.
Hugh

I am a brand new rider who has been lusting after the Street Bob. I am 5'4" and the bike seems to fit me fairly well. The sales manager at the local dealer is 5'2" owns the a bob; he put a progressive (?) shorter rear shock that allows me to sit flat footed on his ride. The only other HD that fits as well is the Nightster. Any thoughts for a new rider who suffers from HD syndrome... height deficiency as well as Harley Davidson lust.

Doug Goff

I have an 06 FXDL, my son rides an 06 FXD (looked at an FXDB but the dealer sold it before he could get off work to get it); in my opinion you cannot go wrong with any member of the Dyna family. I have found them more nimble than the touring models and with a lower center of balance than the Sportsters; depending on how you set them up they are fine for long rides.
When I set mine up (bags, backrest, luggage rack, windshield) I went with detachable so I can remove everything and it looks (almost) like it did when I drove it off the showroom floor. Stripped down it is great for cruising around town and with everything on it works great for touring; my wife and I can pack everything we need for a week in the saddlebags and an expandable sissy bar bag. I put on forward controls and have highway pegs on the engine guard so I can strech out even more if needed; the original seat only had a 9" passenger pillion so I switched to the Sundowner seat; 550 miles in a day and the wife doesn't complain a bit.

Hello, I've had on since 2006. love the bike. But if your looking for long haul comfort, you have to go with the heritage or bigger. No trouble so far, learn to do as much as you can yourself. dealer prices are murder.

go to La Pera & look at the BARE BONES SOLO it will lower you an inch to an inch & a half without having to lower your bike & Peg scrape around deep curves,the seats start about $198.00 & you can get custon fabrics,stitching or inlays...

Back