free website stats program Street Bob Headlight - Time for a Change? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Bob Headlight - Time for a Change?

Sorry for getting the thread off track...the headlight shell size was never determined...is it 5 plus inches or 7 plus inches in diameter. Your H-D dealer can get you the headlight shell that would fit your bike with proper socket/bulb mount for the 80/100W Halogen bulb you pointed out as referenced below:

http://www.hdtimeline.com/electrical_and_lighting_systems/1702-brighter_headlights.html

Depending on your preferred look, the black shell is OEM stock, and ring can be had in chrome or black. There are of course fancy ones that have flames or scroll work as custom looking as you want...of course with a high "toll charge"...happy hunting. :D

Classic vendors are Custom Chrome, Drag Specialties, Kuryakyn and others...

Last edited:
Sorry for the hijack :D

Are you looking for change for cosmetic or brightness. I can find a HID system here with ballast and everything for £65 (about $100 USD)

but I am considering the Philips legal 50% brighter

I have tried the "Phillips 50% Brighter", not in a H4 but in a H13 bulb and they were not even 10% brighter. How Phillips comes up with these improvement numbers is beyond me. Save your money and apply it to something that really works.

I have tried the "Phillips 50% Brighter", not in a H4 but in a H13 bulb and they were not even 10% brighter. How Phillips comes up with these improvement numbers is beyond me. Save your money and apply it to something that really works.

Easy - the marketing department says, "we need something grabby, like 50% brighter" and the legal department says, "tough to prove any kind of numbers - let's go with it!"

Easy - the marketing department says, "we need something grabby, like 50% brighter" and the legal department says, "tough to prove any kind of numbers - let's go with it!"
I think a lot of companies use those same marketing and legal departments.

So do I go with the 100/80 Osram?

Back