free website stats program Street Bob Headlight - Time for a Change? | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Bob Headlight - Time for a Change?

Moto931

I have decided that it is time to change the headlight on my 07 Bob and want to see what others have done. I like the looks of some of the aftermarket ones from Headwinds, but I am not sure I want to spend the $500.00. Anyone know of other good options?

I ordered a Osram bulb as recommended here on the forum, and figured since I am going to have to change the reflector, I should look into changing the housing as well.

Any and all good ideas are apreciated, as well as the bad ones.:D

Attachments

• bobWeb.jpg
    bobWeb.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 127
Moto, Your headlight is a single 5-3/4" correct? And your changing it because you want a deeper pattern, more light or for looks?

I would say looks. I orderd the 80/100 Osram bulb from germainautoparts.com so the more light problem will be taken care of and was thinking since I will need to replace my reflector (i am fairly sure it is a sealed beam on that light) I thought I would change out the housing to make it look better. But I would like to see what others have done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say looks. I orderd the 80/100 Osram bulb from germainautoparts.com so the more light problem will be taken care of and was thinking since I will need to replace my reflector (i am fairly sure it is a sealed beam on that light) I thought I would change out the housing to make it look better. But I would like to see what others have done.

Headwinds - Custom Headlights for Motorcycles, Harley Davidson, Choppers, Street Rods, & Metric Bikes. very nice choices here:s

I put a HD bullet on my lowrider and really like the look. Don't know if you looked at that style, might look sharp with those bars.

Attachments

• 30 Jan bike shots 015.JPG
    30 Jan bike shots 015.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 45
I have decided that it is time to change the headlight on my 07 Bob and want to see what others have done. I like the looks of some of the aftermarket ones from Headwinds, but I am not sure I want to spend the $500.00. Anyone know of other good options?

I ordered a Osram bulb as recommended here on the forum, and figured since I am going to have to change the reflector, I should look into changing the housing as well.

Any and all good ideas are appreciated, as well as the bad ones.:D

Osram bulb is a good choice...works great...get a H-D headlight shell and you should be fine...stock one for my 2004-2006 Sportster would work fine and stock shell is black.:33:

Sorry what is is improved bulb?

Osram 80/100 - is this an H4 bulb?

The standard h4 bulb in the UK has 60 watt main beam and 55 watt dip beam filaments
the osram has 100 watt main beam and an 80 watt dip beam filaments so you will get a lot of extra light from the osram bulb
however they are not legal for road use

Brian

I havent looked for them but osram is a german company so shouldnt be too hard to get them found a ring 100/80
H4 Headlamp Bulbs UK
scroll down the page and there is the ring 100/80

Brian

Back