free website stats program Stock settings for a TFI | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stock settings for a TFI

I agree As i said i dont notice a difference with it turned off.. DOnt feel any loss in seat of pants

Now Joe, installing 3 more isn't going to triple your MPG :D

Very good MPG too.

That #2 pot is the one that knocks the mpg down and can be turned almost off.

The #2 is off. I did the math on the last tank and it was 44mpg mostly interstate @ 70mph. I'm pleased.

3 people in the Southern Cruisers want one. Couldn't believe the difference in the bike.

Still have a little tweeking. Getting a slight surge above 3500rpm. I have to look again at where my numbers are. Wrote them down and now I can't find them.:)

I don't totally agree with shutting #2 pot off completely.I have tried it both ways and if I shut #2 off completely I get a small surge when running at a steady RPM and the rear cylinder feels warmer under me.

The #2 pot is the accelerator pot and at speed shouldn't make much of a difference in fuel delivery when driving at a steady speed. It's only function is when you twist the throttle to add more fuel over and above the fuel mapping. Normal/steady driving it shouldn't make a difference turned off or lowered.

Does your bike have the electronic throttle or cables?

I ask because I feel the electronic throttle on my 08 Road King is less than responsive, and frankly changes every time I start the bike. I'm looking for a device that can improve this, hoping the TFI can.

Mine is cable drive FI. The drive by wire operates the way it is programmed to operate. In other words when you give it full throttle, the brain of the system will only allow just so much throttle until the rpm's get high enough to sustain the full throttle but the TFI should work regardless.

I honestly feel that the throttle responds differently every time I start the bike. Sometimes snappy, sometimes sluggish. I have yet to do any kind of download or remapping, hopefully it'll help.

Back