free website stats program Steve 07 and Florida trip | Page 12 | Harley Davidson Forums

Steve 07 and Florida trip

Thanks for posting up the pics.and buying me lunch.I owe you one in the winter:)
Didn't get out of Bruce Rossmeyers until after lunch on monday too late to head out although service told me they would have me on the road by 10 at the latest.I ended up riding into Daytona and renting a beachfront room and I am still in Florida.

Dang! You should have hooked up with Kevin (my bud that was sitting next to Jack) at lunch! He and his beautiful girlfriend have a place about a mile from the track. Would surely have put you up for the nite.

Was good getting to meet you and Barb, Steve. Barb seems like a real sweetie. What are you gonna do if she says next year you have to drive the truck LOL.

Have a safe trip back. Also like JimHarvey said, anytime you and Barb need a place to stay over, it ain't a beach front, but you are welcome down at my place. I'll put a couple of chickens on the smoker and we have beer. Some decent riding roads just north of us.

Thanks for the offer guys.
I didn't make it too far yesterday either.I am sitting on my balcony now at a little B&B in St. Augustine.At this rate I'm never going to get home.:D

Thanks for the offer guys.
I didn't make it too far yesterday either.I am sitting on my balcony now at a little B&B in St. Augustine.At this rate I'm never going to get home.:D

Funny how that happens, we went to the beach for my bday for 5 days, didn't want to go back to reality!

We are sitting on our balcony at the Andrew Jackson hotel in the french quarter of New Orleans now :) Donned our raingear this morning to head out here,should have been a 3 to 3 1/2 hour ride at the most.Took us 7 hrs. the traffic was horrible.The cars seem to be afraid of rain and keep running into each other causing back ups.Worst drivers I have ever experienced are in Alabama and Mississippi :(

Coming into the french quarter we got into one of those terrible uneven spots at the beginning of Royal street where the concrete,asphalt and cobblestone meet.Got onto the raised and dropped section at the same time.The back tire went into the hole between the surfaces and the bike stopped dead on a cantor.Being fully loaded and off balance I told my wife to watch her legs and I laid it down gently on the crash bar.Picked it up,swallowed my pride and rode on.

... Donned our raingear this morning to head out here,should have been a 3 to 3 1/2 hour ride at the most.Took us 7 hrs. the traffic was horrible.The cars seem to be afraid of rain and keep running into each other causing back ups.Worst drivers I have ever experienced are in Alabama and Mississippi :(

From where? Last I knew you were still in St. Augustine. It's about 35 minutes to Jacksonville from St. Augustine, 7½ hours from Jacksonville to Biloxi, MS in a car in good weather and New Orleans is about another hour further. WHAT ARE YOU RIDING? A SATURN 5 ROCKET? :small3d031:

Coming into the french quarter we got into one of those terrible uneven spots at the beginning of Royal street where the concrete,asphalt and cobblestone meet.Got onto the raised and dropped section at the same time.The back tire went into the hole between the surfaces and the bike stopped dead on a cantor.Being fully loaded and off balance I told my wife to watch her legs and I laid it down gently on the crash bar.Picked it up,swallowed my pride and rode on.

Wow, first Brian, and now you. Maybe the mods should park their bikes for a wee bit!

steve, not suppose to tell everything. next thing you know ,everybody will be doing it. also hope you are posting pics soon

Back