free website stats program Stealing a H-D | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stealing a H-D

I trust my Xena disk brake lock.
It's audible alarm falses quite often and kills it's battery, but the lock itself would prevent anyone from rolling the bike away. They would have to lift it to get it. Not that that couldn't happen too.

Last edited:
A brother had his chained road king stolen from a locked garage, with a car parked in front of it. Only way to get it out was to lift it over the front end of the car....more than your average joyrider thieves to be sure.

Bottom line....if they want it, they will get it.

Motorcycle thefts around here have been on the rise, and as much as I wish I could afford a paging alarm system... I can't right now.

I live just north of you. Where did you get this info? Is it mostly a problem on the KSU campus?

What is the best "bang for the buck" as far as keeping your bike secure?

Four big guys and a panel van, and your baby is gone. No matter what you do! Bolt cutters for locks/chains. Nitrogen for cables or bike collars. No way to prevent the inevitable if it is gonna happen.

Best bang for your buck? Locked garage. Monitored garage (video or guards) at work/shopping. Park within eye-shot when out and about. Turn on any audible alarm to keep away the kids, amateurs, and joy-riders. Get a GOOD insurance policy!

TQ

I have done legal repo work for extra cash for years, everything from cars to pianos with many bikes mixed in and from personal experience I can verify that for every lock you have there is a bypass system-everyone-period. The only thing that keeps us out is a mean (EDITED) dog. Otherwise we're leaving with the goods, legally. Granted most people just say take it , sorry, but there are the others who wake up and say "where's my bike?". It's in the lenders yard pal and I got the repo check. It's a living.

Please read this...
[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Just a little heads-up here...I'm an honest guy and I won't steal any of your bikes.How does anyone wake up in the morning and decide he's going to steal something?I just don't get it.I have to thank good parenting for that one!

I live just north of you. Where did you get this info? Is it mostly a problem on the KSU campus?

No problems that I know of on the KSU campus. Police reports have risen dramatically in the Barrett Parkway area (especially the apartment complexes) over the past several years. My insurance premiums are evident enough. My rates would drop almost 60% if I changed zip codes! This is due to the increased numbers of stolen motorcycles and insurance claims as a result.

Back