free website stats program Stay Away From Internet Explorer | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stay Away From Internet Explorer

It depends on the amount of time you are logged in. THEY say it takes longer for some. :bigsmiley20:

I switched to Firefox last night......how long does it take to get beautiful?

Firefox is a very good deal, less junk trash in trash out. My son (THE MACHINE) laughs @ IE and refuses to use it, he said if I use it he is done helping me, I have not used it in 4 years and have very few problems

Good read and I am a Chrome and FireFox supporter, although have switched to Chrome for most browsing now.

Although for work related stuff I am strictly IE, cause it is better integrated into Windows overall for authentication, etc. In general our sites are all standardized for IE.

There are some vulnerabilities with FireFox and others that you have to be weary of, since they are open source, finding these are much easier, so be sure to keep your browsers up to date and do not used those autofill/password remember options...very dangerous unless you like having your identity stolen.

I too use IE8 and Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security which is the security offered by cable company who provides internet. I also have no problems now that the forum has had server update done....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably the only person here who is running Opera, I switched to it last year it runs better. I have IE9 as back up.

A: IE is integrated into windows
B: Firefox is listed on the DOD DISA approved software . Contact your IASO or IMO and ask them to install it. Firefox just responses funny to some DOD certificates. The DOD is learning, hence the addition of new jobs (cyberwarfare)....they are just a little slow.

Problem is...I work along side the IAO (IPO for USAF) & AF doesn't allow anyting but IE on their net at this time (part of std image) or you get quarrantined...maybe we'll get the OK...someday. Like you said - approval process is extremely slow.

I've tried FireFox and Chrome. Both seem to do some things better than IE. They both also do some things not as well as IE. One of the things I use the internet for a lot is monitoring the building systems of the facility I manage. This is one of the things that only IE seems to do well so I stick with IE. IE also is the only one that likes our corporate intranet.

Back