free website stats program stator help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

stator help

I had also noticed while riding and looking at the volt meter. At a slow speed the volt gauge read 12v and at a high speed it was 11.5 I didnt test the stator at 3000 rpm. Think maybe I should?

I had also noticed while riding and looking at the volt meter. At a slow speed the volt gauge read 12v and at a high speed it was 11.5 I didnt test the stator at 3000 rpm. Think maybe I should?

It cant hurt, keep in mind any time you do not see battery voltage ( 12.7 ) or close to it be wary of a problem at that time you are running on battery only and once you get near 10 and 1/2 volts the ignition will start to cut out

It cant hurt, keep in mind any time you do not see battery voltage ( 12.7 ) or close to it be wary of a problem at that time you are running on battery only and once you get near 10 and 1/2 volts the ignition will start to cut out

When we were riding back because of this problem. I went to pass a car and dropped it a gear and the engine started missing till I let up on it. I didnt note the volt gauge at that time when it was misfiring. I dont have a battery load tester. But shouldnt a battery, a new one when fully charged be at 13.8v?

When we were riding back because of this problem. I went to pass a car and dropped it a gear and the engine started missing till I let up on it. I didnt note the volt gauge at that time when it was misfiring. I dont have a battery load tester. But shouldnt a battery, a new one when fully charged be at 13.8v?

I always check them, never trust they are fully charged, that makes sense as you throtled up to pass your ignition needed more volts to fire. Check your NEW battery for voltage in fact if they have a load tester have them pull a load on it for you, if it drops fast below 10 volts try another 1

I always check them, never trust they are fully charged, that makes sense as you throtled up to pass your ignition needed more volts to fire. Check your NEW battery for voltage in fact if they have a load tester have them pull a load on it for you, if it drops fast below 10 volts try another 1

That makes it a little tough to have them load test the batteries. I was planning on purchasing the batteries from Big Crank Battery Mart.com I had always purchased Deka Batteries. I use to work there at East Penn when I lived up in PA and I know their batteries were built good.

Your Harley dealer can load test your batteries, but I have mine checked at a local AutoZone.

Back