free website stats program starting problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

starting problem

i tried to find that post and couldn't

I had a similar problem with my '94 FLSTC. My problem was the starter switch. It had some corrosion build up. Installed a new switch and problem solved. It could also be a worn pin connection at the relay.

Here is the post, Hook up a volt meter at the + on the starter, hit the start button with bike in Nuetral and record the voltage, if you do not have at least 10 and a half volts @ the starter it aint going to spin

if your battery is good.

if u got injectors

maybe fuel pump is weak you have low fuel pressure until running or a leaky fuel pump regulator (pressure not held, so when you start it has to build). replace that junk

that's one of many possible, common on what i used to work on.

if your battery is good.

if u got injectors

maybe fuel pump is weak you have low fuel pressure until running or a leaky fuel pump regulator (pressure not held, so when you start it has to build). replace that junk

How would the fuel pump pressure have any thing to do with a slow cranking engine???? Explain please.......

if your battery is good.

if u got injectors

How would the fuel pump pressure have any thing to do with a slow cranking engine???? Explain please.......

Exactly, back to basics. Start at the battery and work thru the starter and grounds

some starters have built-in electronics (voltage regulator? heat protector? and etc)

if you have immediate power to starter: it's the starter that's delaying :) probably the electronics

starters do fail occasionally and a good number are replaced due to not having replaceable electronic module (or improper diagnosis).

HD03FLHR014.gif
Ah NO, not in a Harley starter
Mis information is worse IMO than bad information
This may be true in car and truck applications, but NOT in the Harley world

Back