free website stats program Starting issues | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Starting issues

Not sure why the ignition, harness etc. was changed unless it was from a later model. Is the harness OEM or aftermarket? Do you have the service manual with the wiring diagrams and, if so, have you checked all connections against that diagram? Could be a compatibility issue between the new harness and the ECM? Get to basics; fire and fuel are the two necessary elements required; do you have spark at the plugs? Is the fuel system providing fuel? I am suspecting that you don't have either one but let's start there.;)

With all the electrical components that have been changed, you are lucky there is only one code thrown.
All harness that were charged were oem harnesses, all plug and play. I do have a service manual and all harness are for 05 ultra classic that I put on the bike

Here's the latest update, I want to thank everyone who helped it was human error i had one of the plugs in the wrong connector bike is starting and all functions are correct once again I thank you all

Thanks for the follow-up. It is helpful for us to know so that we can better help the next person. I know the feeling you had when you found the connector and best of all the feeling when it came back to life.

As stated above start with basics. On your starter motor you have a small gauge wire that is plugged into starter motor with an ohm meter set to dc volts check voltage to connector turn on ignition switch place positive lead in connector and negative lead to a good ground engage the start button on handlebars and check to see if you have voltage going to small connector plug. If you do not have voltage then remove right hand switch housing and check for voltage going to start switch.

Back