free website stats program Starting bike before light go out on speedometer | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Starting bike before light go out on speedometer

I have a 2010 limited and started before the lights went out and the tach did not work this is the second time it happened was going to the dealer and stopped shut off restarted and everything back to normal.

Wow, I did not know of this concern. Both of my bikes start this way.

When cold, or on the day's first run, I let both lights go out and put my hand on the rear head and jug until I feel warmth.

However, when I stop for gas and the bike has been up on the highway, I let the cylinders fill and the red light go off. The engine icon is still lit up.

Neither bike has suffered any problem, at all. However, in the interest of admitting I might be wrong, this is an issue I intend to research. I'll edit this post later when I find something.

Hoople and others will know the answer here please..

Upon initial starting of a newer year HD, Does the computer search-out information Off a satellite Before each starting and That is the WAIT you need (lights out) before it starts.. Or is that an Old Tail i've listened to????:lolrolling

signed....BUBBIE

Hoople and others will know the answer here please..

Upon initial starting of a newer year HD, Does the computer search-out information Off a satellite Before each starting and That is the WAIT you need (lights out) before it starts.. Or is that an Old Tail i've listened to????:lolrolling

signed....BUBBIE

I was hoping someone had some input on the above..

signed....BUBBIE

This issue seems to be different for older vs. newer bikes. My '03 needs to have both lights off before starting. If not the speedo will work but it will read about 1-1/2 times too fast. If you shut it off, turn it back on and wait for the lights to go out, it goes back to normal. I have even done it while rolling and it works. It is very repeatable and I don't think its a a bad sensor because I have no troubles otherwise.

Bodeen

Back