free website stats program Starter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Starter

Re: Starter Follow up ?

Thanks for the help. It seems the problem is in the start button. Is it much work to replace this button? Do you have to replace the whole wiring or can you splice the new button in?

Re: Starter Follow up ?

No problem to disassemble and put back togather. only problem is the brake light sw inside the housing be real carefull there.

its is your switch i had the same exact problem so i cut the power going to my switch and put a pushbutton switch on my starter just so i can ride

I had this same problem on my 07 Night Train. I was riding and realized the bike was trying to start..... I brought it to the dealer cause it was still under factory warranty and it turned out to be the switch. I still rode the bike though, just needed a quarter in my pocket. I would use the quarter to remove the seat bolt, pull the seat, start the bike and pull the starter relay. Just keep the starter relay and quarter in your pocket (in case you shut the bike off and need to start it again). I drove up to the dealer and he said, "You have been driving it like that?" I said ya, here's the key, and handed hime the starter relay.....

Last edited:
Back