free website stats program Springer question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Springer question

Yea but how hard is it to pump a little grease & do a fall away every 2,500 miles when you have a good handling front end with a cool factor that goes through the roof?

if the fall away is easy to get to on it not a prob or the grease but the rest would be a pain for a high mileage rider they look cool but not sure i would want that hassle

if the fall away is easy to get to on it not a prob or the grease but the rest would be a pain for a high mileage rider they look cool but not sure i would want that hassle
I think it's a little over kill on the head bearings, before they had grease fittings my front ends never came apart, springer or not, unless it was for chrome. Probably why everybody that buys old bikes now have to replace head bearings.

All you need is a grease gun & a bike jack to check fall away, (5 mins.) won't need adjustment every time, main thing is to check and adj. only if needed. Rockers and neck bearings I would let dealer do unless your really comfortable doing it, the springer front end is high maintenance and needs to be serviced properly or the price could be more then anyone would want to pay. Buy a service manual and read it every Sunday:)

Back