free website stats program Spring Startup | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spring Startup

The only thing I would add to Glider's post is a quick check of the fasteners. Don't have to do all the trivial stuff or those that are glued in (Locktite), but a quick check of anything that can fall off or create havoc is a good idea. Most of us forget about that all season and promise to do it in the Spring. But then we just ride off!!

TQ

Got to agree here, thats how I found the rear exhaust hangar on my Streetbob had broken in half, Jack

Just as importantly, in addition to all these great suggestions dealing with your bike, remember you have not ridden a motorcycle all these months! Your skills, both physical and mental, will be rusty and need some practicing. Also, other drivers will not be as used to seeing bikes out on the road.

In a nutshell, be more vigilant and conservative until you get back into the swing of things!

I replaced the cover on my selinoid w/a push button, so i can turn over the motor to get oil flowing.i crank engine a faw times if it has not been run for awile like winter.

I do all my project work in the early part of the winter but when its getting closer to riding time again i get each of the bikes into the workshop and get them ready for the road
that includes oiling all the control cables, pulling the brake pags and making sure all is free and lubing the back of the pads with copper grease, tyre condition and pressure.and pretty much full service on everything as i want the bikes to be working when the weather is good

Brian

Back