free website stats program Spot lights | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spot lights

I ordered the Independent Control Auxiliary Lamp Wire Harness Kit for my 04 heritage and its not quite as plug and play as I thought. I chased the fender light wire and it ends up under the gas tank(ohh how lovely) and thru some research and question asking, I can remove the front and back bolts and lift the tank up a bit just enuff to pull the connectior out, but I hope there is room under there for this addon to the wiring. I still got a 1/2 tank of fuel so I assume the best time to lift the tank a bit is when its empty, so I have to wait to burn off the feul b4 I can git er done.
I don't see it as being too difficult.So any helpful tips or pointers on lifting the tank some would be helpful cause I'm prolly get to it on the weekend.

I ordered this part from a harley dealer in Pensacola Fl. on April 11,2012. It has not come in yet. Makes me wonder if they the really ordered the part to start with. Going to give them one more week, if it don't come in I am going to ask for my money back:panic

Backordered from my dealer.
I'm lucky because I have mine.

I ordered this part from a harley dealer in Pensacola Fl. on April 11,2012. It has not come in yet. Makes me wonder if they the really ordered the part to start with. Going to give them one more week, if it don't come in I am going to ask for my money back:panic

I called a dealer in Winnipeg today and when he looked on his computer for warehouse stock it told him there was a backorder of 42 in Toronto. Looks like H-D's supplier is running behind.

I ordered the Independent Control Auxiliary Lamp Wire Harness Kit for my 04 heritage and its not quite as plug and play as I thought. I chased the fender light wire and it ends up under the gas tank(ohh how lovely) and thru some research and question asking, I can remove the front and back bolts and lift the tank up a bit just enuff to pull the connectior out, but I hope there is room under there for this addon to the wiring. I still got a 1/2 tank of fuel so I assume the best time to lift the tank a bit is when its empty, so I have to wait to burn off the feul b4 I can git er done.
I don't see it as being too difficult.So any helpful tips or pointers on lifting the tank some would be helpful cause I'm prolly get to it on the weekend.

Just remember to unhook the Fuel line before you raise tank. And roll up an old bath towel if you are not completely removing the tank and use it tio prop tank up, no scratches this way. good luck, take pics of install,:newsmile03:

I called a dealer in Winnipeg today and when he looked on his computer for warehouse stock it told him there was a backorder of 42 in Toronto. Looks like H-D's supplier is running behind.
Yup, different dealers are back ordered so if you're interested in one and can find one on the shelf at a dealer, you'd better jump on it.

I bought this off the rack at my local dealer. I thought about the re-wire option but opted for the harness instead. The install was easy. Instructions come with it and they are reasonable. It took longer to get the outer fairing off than the install itself.

Works like a charm. You can still turn off the passing lamps and have headlight only but when you have them on, they on for high and low beam.

WOW... from the sounds of all the backordering I'm glad I got mine in 4 days but thats up here in Deeleyland, but I was willing to pay the extra to support the dealer in my area.
P.S. I just found out its not illegal in BC to have your aux lights on with the brights as long as they are the same height as the headlight.

Backordered from my dealer.
I'm lucky because I have mine.

Thanks for the information, I may give them a little more time. I called several times about the order, they told me it has not come in yet. They should have told me it was on back order. This is what makes HDT Talking such a great site, you can find alot of information here. Again thanks,
Larry:)

Back